Transfering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zman3

Reaction score
I'm transferring a pumpkin ale in to secondary funnel or no funnel should I just transfer it directly?

Siphon quietly, pouring through a funnel will aerate the beer and create oxidation and that is bad.................

When racking to another container,the tube from the autosiphon ot spigot should curl half way around the bottom of the new container. This prevents oxidizing the beer. And don't forget to sanitize everything 1st!

Siphon . I have an auto siphon but do not use it . I use the standard piece of tubing with the cane on the end . Either way , do not pour it .
Oh if you buy an auto siphon I would not suggest buying a big on like I did . It sucks up way too fast and sucks up the trub.

MarcusKillion said:
Siphon . I have an auto siphon but do not use it . I use the standard piece of tubing with the cane on the end . Either way , do not pour it .
Oh if you buy an auto siphon I would not suggest buying a big on like I did . It sucks up way too fast and sucks up the trub.

+1. And grab a bottling wand for another dollar or two.

I have spigots on both my fermenters,so I just need a length of tubing to rack it over to secondary or bottling bucket. They're cleaned & sanitized before storage & again before use,so no problems there. Def easier than an auto siphon,which I rarely use. And my fermtech bottling wand is def a must.

Latest posts

Back