Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY brother in law is a department head at ups and he says that all shipping of beer/booze is no longer happening, including fedex and usps. :(

I thought it was legal to get alcohol sent to you from a permitted business as long as a 21 year old signed for it?

Oh. Weird that a commercial business would ship USPS...

It went Bpost. All the Belgian shops roll that way.

TNT was used for awhile but apparently the shops and their customers didn't like getting charged brokerage fees.

Example. If you buy wine from a winery in California, you can have them ship it to your house. UPS just has to get a signature from someone 21 or older.

I know. Just being sarcastic. I've got shipments like that. Though last got delivered without any signature. :D

Hope you get your shipment John. Mine had no issues.

I know. Just being sarcastic. I've got shipments like that. Though last got delivered without any signature. :D

Hope you get your shipment John. Mine had no issues.

Thanks. It's not looking good. Not sure how much I want to poke the post office about it, anyone have a suggestion?

Or is a customs attorney? :D

Thanks. It's not looking good. Not sure how much I want to poke the post office about it, anyone have a suggestion?

Or is a customs attorney? :D

You purchase it from a legal source so this crap should hot have happened. Its nothing illegal and wonder if a bottle broke so that how they knew.

You purchase it from a legal source so this crap should hot have happened. Its nothing illegal and wonder if a bottle broke so that how they knew.

Yeah, my understanding was if you bought from a commercial source they could ship it to you legally. But, I don't think USPS ships alcohol in any case. That's why I'm surprised it was sent USPS. It's listed as a prohibited international item on their website.

I don't think USPS will help you - I think they'll just say their policy is not to ship alcohol. Your best bet is to talk to the company that sent it. If shipping is part of their business, they should know the rules of shipping and accept the risks of breakage/non-delivery.

If that doesn't work, you can dispute the payment. If you used PayPal, you only have 60 days to file a claim, so you may need to get on that ASAP.

Yeah, my understanding was if you bought from a commercial source they could ship it to you legally. But, I don't think USPS ships alcohol in any case. That's why I'm surprised it was sent USPS. It's listed as a prohibited international item on their website.

I don't think USPS will help you - I think they'll just say their policy is not to ship alcohol. Your best bet is to talk to the company that sent it. If shipping is part of their business, they should know the rules of shipping and accept the risks of breakage/non-delivery.

If that doesn't work, you can dispute the payment. If you used PayPal, you only have 60 days to file a claim, so you may need to get on that ASAP.

From my experience the European companies ship bPost from Europe then USPS takes over. My boxes were shipped like that and no problem. If they do not ship alcohol they shouldnt except it from companies that ship unless they do not know but they require a signature. Supposedly John did speak to the company and working it out but you have to ask him

Unless you live in PA...

They changed that, sort of they can sell and ship to you in PA as long as they've agreed to track and remit PA sales tax. Most choose not to because it's a big PITA, but they can do it legally. We get stuff from WTSO all the time.

Another one that changed in the last year. USPS will ship alcohol from an authorized seller (not sure what it takes to be authorized, but I imagine foreign entities aren't able to do that) and there is someone 21+ to sign for it. They realized they were ceding a huge amount of income to UPS & FedEx on that rule.

Celebratory (maybe) pickup while searching the city for more wooden rooster. May have had a second job fall into my lap today. Talked to him after work and sounds like I start June 1. The best part about it is I will be the property manager of the house I rent. Looks like my rent is dropping significantly! ;)

View attachment 281055View attachment 281056View attachment 281057

Nice haul and congrats on the job! There's a shop here where Wooden Rooster is just sitting on the shelf. If you keep striking out let me know. I could always send some back home.

Nice haul and congrats on the job! There's a shop here where Wooden Rooster is just sitting on the shelf. If you keep striking out let me know. I could always send some back home.

Thanks, i may take you up on that! Got to try one a few weeks back and it was fantastic. The vanilla from the bourbon barrel really shinned.

Big perm killing it with extras when he was helping me out?!View attachment 281013

Need info on these homebrews! Thanks again and just let me know when I am good to ship that thank you box!

Hope you enjoy. Jackie O's is too good not to share.

Homebrews are a BA Imperial Rye Smoked Porter and a Berliner Weisse I dry hopped with Citra + Galaxy and some citrus zest. Cheers, buddy!

Thanks, i may take you up on that! Got to try one a few weeks back and it was fantastic. The vanilla from the bourbon barrel really shinned.

I love a good vanilla shin character in my beer.

Woohoo! In an hour from now I'll be enjoying some coffee aged rum at the office. Fresh bottles dropped this morning and I just grabbed em on my way in to work

Latest posts

Back