Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More like 3.5 hrs for me. I'm in Portland. I got mine when visiting someone in Spokane. Did you get it at Total Wine?

Bastard! I missed out on that here. It moved through town so quietly you almost had to know someone to get any.

When my buddy rolled through Denver a few days ago there were 37 left at a liquor store near downtown. Limit of 4 at $12.49 each.

I got lucky. Avery supposedly distributes to ND, but I have yet to find where. Doubt we would ever get stuff like this...

When my buddy rolled through Denver a few days ago there were 37 left at a liquor store near downtown. Limit of 4 at $12.49 each.

I got lucky. Avery supposedly distributes to ND, but I have yet to find where. Doubt we would ever get stuff like this...

What's crazy is I was able to score 5 monks and Pumpkyn at a local out of the way grocery store. No limit, could've just loaded up the whole case of each if I so desired or could afford. But, he couldn't get an allocation of Tweak from the distributor. Kinda sucks because I was really looking forward to that one. But, I would've never expected to get any 5 monks, so not a bad consolation. :D

What's crazy is I was able to score 5 monks and Pumpkyn at a local out of the way grocery store. No limit, could've just loaded up the whole case of each if I so desired or could afford. But, he couldn't get an allocation of Tweak from the distributor. Kinda sucks because I was really looking forward to that one. But, I would've never expected to get any 5 monks, so not a bad consolation. :D

Tell him to sell all the other allocated stuff and he might have a chance. Lol.

Yeah, I don't get any 5 Monks. I heard that it is still sitting in the Seattle area.

Tell him to sell all the other allocated stuff and he might have a chance. Lol.

Yeah, I don't get any 5 Monks. I heard that it is still sitting in the Seattle area.

Yeah, that's the thing. The allocations are based off of sales of Avery. But, here's the thing, he doesn't ever have any of Avery's regular lineup. The only Avery he gets is the demon series and now a couple of the barrel series beers. And he sells out of all of those fast. If I go in right now, he will have 0 Avery beer. So, even though he's selling out of every Avery he gets, he's not technically moving volume. I think the only reason he got Pumpkyn and 5 monks is because the guy from the distributor did him a favor.

Got my surly fix! Thanks @geoffey!

EDIT: God, that's irritating. The pic was taken in the right direction on my phone.

image.jpg

View attachment 247143
A sweet little, unexpected package from wobrien. Made even sweeter since I missed getting BCBCS by 2 people in line and I get to try his Huna-ish clone. Thanks Bill!

Nice!
I didn't even come close to scoring any BCBCS this year. Most of what Houston gets of the variants goes to one store downtown. They also do a special event on Black Friday with limited release stuff they've "cellared" so the line starts ridiculously early. No way I was going to wait in line for 10 hours.

Nice!
I didn't even come close to scoring any BCBCS this year. Most of what Houston gets of the variants goes to one store downtown. They also do a special event on Black Friday with limited release stuff they've "cellared" so the line starts ridiculously early. No way I was going to wait in line for 10 hours.

Yeah, they're the distribution point for all the other Houston locations, so they get dibs before all their other branches. I always make a point to go there when I'm in Houston.

I got those bottles for 16 at the store today, so minimal mark-up at Monks. Eulogy is another must visit IMO.

+1 for Eulogy. My go to is Grey Lodge, currently listed as one of the top 100 in the country. Coincidentally around the corner from where I talked my wife into buying a house together lol.

Holy crap! Received a surprise box from Wobrien today and I am blown away with his generosity. I've been wanting to try this beer for a while now and can't believe I now have a 4 year vertical. Amazing! Thanks again, man!! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420781044.849463.jpg
Also found a nice surprise today in my truck. I've been hearing a light clanking sound for at least a couple weeks. Since I work out of my truck and keep a lot of stuff in the back seat I didn't think much of it. Today, I decided to dig around and to my surprise I found beer! No clue when I acquired them. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420781238.325679.jpgPictured also is a local-ish Tripel I picked up today right before finding the bombs.

Back