Tower on mini fridge build question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Right now I made my mini fridge into a kegerator. I bought another corny keg and there's no way it's gonna fit. So I figure I'm gonna add an extension or "collar" to it. When I bought the corny keg the guy gave me a single tap tower for free (score!) So I am gonna put the tower on the mini fridge. Do I need to put something in the tower to keep the lines cold?

image-3346295541.jpg

It definitely wouldn't hurt. Some folks will run a copper pipe up the tower to help pull the cold in. Others use a fan. It will help prevent foamy beer.

For what it's worth, i've tried the copper pipe with insulation in the tower and it didn't work at all, lots of foam on first pour. And yes, i made sure to have a lot of copper tubing inside the fridge to transfer the cold. I had like 18".

I removed the copper, drilled a bigger on top of the fridge and used a shop vac flexible hose connected to a turbine fan that sits at the bottom. Perfect setup now

So take a look at those fan/tower installation and skip the copper

I've seen someone on here use copper pellets/beebees and I imagine that would work pretty good.

Well, I'm having second thoughts about installing the tower...I usually only have a beer or 2 for myself and my kegerator sits in the garage. I don't need any extra foam in my brew. And it's seems like more trouble then it's worth. For me at least. Anyone need a tower?

Back