Tower help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty420th

Reaction score
Hello all,

I picked this up a couple of years ago (for $50 I think) and I need a little help. I have moved into a new house that I can actually use this beast in and I want to get it set up.

IMG_8616.jpg

my question is with the beer lines. They were cut off I guess in an effort to save time when it was removed from whatever bar it was in. I cannot find a way to open up the unit so I can cleanly change all the supply lines (looks like it is riveted on). Also, the lines within this is SMALL which I will ask some questions about

Questions

1 - Is there a way to open this sucker up?

2 - If not, do they sell extension pieces so I can run new lines and attach them somehow to the lines within this unit?

3 - The lines within the unit are very small, is there a problem (if they do sell connections) going from a larger diameter tubing to the small tubing within this piece?

Thanks in advance for all of your help, If I am able to get this sucker hooked up I will make sure to post the build for everyone

In your situation in the past, I have drilled out the rivets and replaced with screws. However, mine was stainless, and my tower had nowhere near as many rivets as yours!

However, I still think it is doable for you and a good solution. At the end just secure with some nice brass screws.

Nice tower BTW!

:mug:

I would definitely try to open that thing up and replace the lines. It probably was not cleaned when they tore it out...who knows what's going on inside those lines. Good luck with the project!

Does the bottom of the "T" twist off in any way?

Does the top pop off?

If no and no, then I think cyberbackpacker hit it on the head...I'd drill out the rivets and simply replace with some brass screws...you should really tear that thing down and clean everything.

Back