Top Draw pick up tube not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well thought I would try something new in an effort to get better beer. This just isn’t working. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

IMG_7191.JPG

I purchased the kit and used what was supplied, however I had to modify the liquid tube as it would only slide halfway and stick. I ended up cutting my dip tube and using it. How much beer on the bottom are you guys loosing? It seems like the supplied tubing isn’t long enough.

IMG_7189.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG

Get the Clear Beer Draught System. Costs more, but designed better and actually works.

View attachment 644378 rotate that sucker, I see "ears", and the liquid tube will slide in the rest of the way.

That would be like putting a square peg in a round hole. The dip tube they sent wouldn’t work so I cut mine and used it. After some re-engineering I may have figured it out. We will see!

I ended up cutting about 2” of my diptube for the suction end piece. I’m hoping the extra weight will help keep the hose submerged. It worked pretty good using starsan as a test.

Since it is designed to work w hose connected to a 2" tube, from the top, perhaps being connected near the bottom of your dip tube, even shortened 2", is causing issues.

I have some issues too. I went cheap and bought the fermentasaurus one modded to work in my kegs, where I ferment. It works ok but seems like to get all the beer out when I transfer I have to gradually tip the keg as it empties. I haven't tried using it in a serving keg and won't.

Latest posts

Back