Too much foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewj1102

Reaction score
I just got done with a first keezer build, but I guess I'm doing something wrong because every keg a put in there, the beer just comes out 90% foam. I wasted probably a Half a keg do to it. I've tried lowering the PSI, but that hasn't helped. Should I shorten the line between tap and shank? It's 1/4 line from CO2 to tap and 3/16 line from tap to shank. Please help!!

image.jpg

What's the temp? Is keg over carbonated? How long is beer line from tap to keg? What psi you set at?

I had foam not that bad. Added 10' lines at 14 psi and 42 ish degrees and its great now.

Someone who knows far more than me will help.

Line is about two foot. Temps set at 34. Should I take it up? What's purging a keg?

Drewj1102 said:
Line is about two foot. Temps set at 34. Should I take it up? What's purging a keg?

Get longer lines. You need more resistance to help stabilize the co2 in the beer through the line. I would recommend 10foot lines. If your pour is too slow shorten the lines a little at a time. I'd rather pour slow and carbonate beer than a fast glass I foam.

Purging a keg is bleeding off the co2 in the headspace if your going lower in PSI you want to reduce the excess pressure in the headspace.

I really think you just need longer lines and will be fine though.

Get longer lines. You need more resistance to help stabilize the co2 in the beer through the line. I would recommend 10foot lines. If your pour is too slow shorten the lines a little at a time. I'd rather pour slow and carbonate beer than a fast glass I foam.

Purging a keg is bleeding off the co2 in the headspace if your going lower in PSI you want to reduce the excess pressure in the headspace.

I really think you just need longer lines and will be fine though.

Actually, at 34 degrees, I'd say to go with 12' lines to balance it for pouring. Then, it should be perfect!

Pull purge to blow off C0 2. If you reduced psi but didn't purge the original psi is still in keg. Purge it and get 10' lines per keg and be happy.

Latest posts

Back