Too late to dry hop in the keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knollybru

Reaction score
I have a batch of a hoppy red ale all carbed up in the keg. My intention was to dry hop in primary but had to get it kegged before leaving town for two weeks.

I would like to just throw some hops in weighted bag and let it hang out in the keg until it kicks. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've never dry hopped after already being carbed up. And I rarely dry hop in the keg. Not sure why.

not a problem, i've taken some fishing line and tied the bag to a post and let it dangle. That way you can suspend it just above the bottom of the keg and not interfere with the pick up tube.

The only time it is too late to dry hop a keg is when it's empty. I've added dry hop in a half empty keg to freshen up the hop flavor and aroma. I've also added hop tea to a half empty keg for the same effect.

Toss em in there! I always dry hop in the keg. You probably wont go back to dry hopping in the primary after you try it a couple times.

Back