Tonights Apricot night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jknapp12105

Reaction score
Ok tonight i am starting me apricot ale. Can you give me the procedures you followed when using the apricot purée? Including the time period for primary, secondary, and bottling.

I am brewing a light beer and adding the apricots, just not sure when to add it or how long it should sit

Thanks

I recently brewed an apricot blonde. I did 8 days in primary before adding 3lb Oregon purée into secondary and racking on top of it. 14 days in secondary and bottled with 2oz apricot extract/flavoring in bottling bucket.

Still in the bottle for not very long, so I'm sorry I can't give any feedback at all about how it turned out.

I made a Magic Hat #9 clone and when I did it, I let it sit in primary for a week, then put the apricot puree in my secondary fermenter (glass carboy) and just racked the beer on top of it. I let it sit in secondary for roughly 10 days or so (more because I just didnt have time to do anything with it , than that was the plan to let it sit for that long).
i let it bottle condition for the standard 2 weeks, sampling along the way, and it got really good about the 3 week mark. I was really impressed with it, it turned out well. Apricots give a slight tang that you probably wouldnt notice if you werent looking for it, but just the right amount of flavoring. I also used the 3lb can apricot puree.

wakeuphicks said:
I made a Magic Hat #9 clone and when I did it, I let it sit in primary for a week, then put the apricot puree in my secondary fermenter (glass carboy) and just racked the beer on top of it. I let it sit in secondary for roughly 10 days or so (more because I just didnt have time to do anything with it , than that was the plan to let it sit for that long).
i let it bottle condition for the standard 2 weeks, sampling along the way, and it got really good about the 3 week mark. I was really impressed with it, it turned out well. Apricots give a slight tang that you probably wouldnt notice if you werent looking for it, but just the right amount of flavoring. I also used the 3lb can apricot puree.

Thanks! Can't wait

Back