Tired of propane....need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storytyme

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have brewed with propane since day 1. 8 years into this great hobby I want to switch over to electric. My dream set-up is the Spike HERMS system, but that is not in the budget right now. I basically want to install a heating element into my boil kettle and I want to control my boil with some type of controller. I want to understand all my options and get what makes sense both brewing wise and financially. I use a Igloo cooler to mash and I batch sparge. I have a dedicated 220V outlet ready to go. Just need some guidance. Much appreciated everyone. Cheers!

Are you interested in purchasing a controller or building one yourself? I built mine, but before i did, I roughly surveyed what was out there. Have a look in here, there's a table of what i had looked into at the time:
http://electricbrewinabag.com/building-an-electric-brewing-controller/If you're interested in building, this will also give you a rough idea of what needs to happen. The one i put together was not 240V however, but 120.

Go through both the Automation and the Electric forums looking at all of the options currently available out there.
There are a lot of varied solutions...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back