Tips on kegerator setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudaDave

Reaction score
I have a dual keg set up in an old Summit kegerator,
dual tap, dual regulator, single CO2 tank. fan blowing cool air into the tower and the beer lines are about 3 feet long. Ive got a 1/4 of Yuengling and 1/6 of Table Rock Pale Ale siting in there that I haven't tapped yet. Any tips on tapping techniques in getting these to pour correcrly?

I'm going to say look up recommended vol. for those two. Hell I've sometimes barely had to have the co2 on.

IL1kebeer said:
Kinda short unless you are serving at very low pressure.

+1. Get 10 ft of beer line for each and trim down from there if needed. That'll save you a lot of the foam hassle

I'm new at this so...."look up volume.." how, where? I suspected that I would need to extend the beer lines, I had just what came with the tower. As for temperature..I can make it whatever I want so I am looking for recommendations.

I have to tap them for a party tomorrow so extending the lines isn't going to happen...any tips or tricks on temp vs pressure to keep the foam down?

LudaDave said:
I'm new at this so...."look up volume.." how?

He's saying that you should find out the volumes of co2 that the brewery carbed the beer to. That way you can set the pressure keep the beer at the correct carbonation level.

I need exact how-to's...step by step or please point me in the right direction...ie..a book or website. General terminology doesn't help me. I appreciate the effort but please know you are dealing with a complete newb.

Should be carbed to around 14 psi. If you don't have time to extend the lines just set you pressure a little lower around maybe 8 psi to start and tweak it as needed. Your beer will be plenty carbonated for your party

Should be carbed to around 14 psi. If you don't have time to extend the lines just set you pressure a little lower around maybe 8 psi to start and tweak it as needed. Your beer will be plenty carbonated for your party

thanks!

I ran into one problem...of the two kegs one was flat, the Yuengling. I tapped em both at the same time, ran the pressure at about 10 then increased a bit at a time to around 12. The Pale Ale tastes great but the Yuengling is still flat. They are both running off the same tank and a dual regulator. I don't see how I could have messed it up. I did the exact same thing to both. Regulator valve to the kegs was turned off. I opened the valve on the tank and got the gauges up to 10, then opened the valves to the kegs. Is it possible to get a bad keg? I plan to call the place I bought from and see about exchanging it but wanted to check with you all about any potential mistakes. Thanks

Also correction on my beer line lengths.....per tower specs the lines are 5' each....they just didn't look that long.

Back