timing mistake.. i think..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well_bucket_brews

Reaction score
hey guys..
so i must have marked my calendar wrong or something.. but i only managed to ferment my beer for 2 weeks instead of the recommended 3 before i bottled.. when i checked the FG it was about .017, and the recipe called for .o15.. this is my first batch, so im not sure what the consequences will be.. any advice?

thanks!

The difference between 1.015 and 1.017 is pretty negligible and could be attributed to a number of factors. It would be rare for an ale not to be finished fermenting in 2 weeks, I don't think you are likely to have issues in that regard. The beer might would have been a little better if it sat another week, but that doesn't mean it won't still be great.

All that being said, would you post your recipe?

I always package my beers by about 2 weeks. A well made beer is almost always done fermenting by about day 5 or so, and the rest of the time in the fermenter is time for it to "clean up" and clear a bit.

A projected FG number gives you an idea of how the beer will finish, but it's just a guideline that you may or may not hit. A .002 difference is of no concern at all, higher or lower, as long as it was finished.

Back