Tiger Stadium tap and tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB_Brewing2

Reaction score
My brother picked this up at an estate sale in Detroit and the tag reads "Beer tap and tray from Tiger Stadium". He was told that it came out of the old Tiger Stadium when they were remodeling it long before Comerica Park was even thought about. He said it may even be from the stadium when it was called Briggs Stadium. There is no solid provenance just an old tag and a story from a seller.

I'm trying to determine what I actually have and if it could be used on a kegerator. It has a fiber-like gasket on the base and the collars on the tap have inset small slotted screws to secure them. Three white tubes ascend the tower with one smaller than the other two. Anybody have any thoughts on this antique? Can it be retrofitted? Anyone recognize the tap? Why three tubes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unless it's engraved with a Tigers logo or something, I'd say you just have an old tap there.
My guess on the 3 lines is 1 for beer, 2 for coolant supply and return.
Other than that, I got nothing.

Correct, liquid cooled trunk line to what appears to be a generic chrome-plated rear-seal faucet.
I doubt there's any value beyond the intrinsics, which are going to be pretty low...

Cheers!

Unless it's engraved with a Tigers logo or something, I'd say you just have an old tap there.
My guess on the 3 lines is 1 for beer, 2 for coolant supply and return.
Other than that, I got nothing.

Thank you, that's more than I had. Makes sense for the coolant supply and return with the smaller tube the beer line. It has no writing on it, but the story would be interesting to retell. I'm wanting to find a mini-frig and install this atop it if that makes sense.

That's pretty cool and I agree would make great conversation. Any chance your brother could find out anything about the folks that we're having the estate sale?

I'll trade for a hydrometer that has a 'White House" tag on it. ;)

Back