Tic tacs in the boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
My wife asked if I could brew a Christmas beer and if I could use peppermint tic tacs and cherries. I'm all for experimenting and this sounded fun. My question is should I use them I the boil considering the sugar in the tic tacs, or try diluting them and use to prime. I am gonna have to warm some water to taste how potent the peppermint flavor is but any input is more than welcome!

I had a friend that loved tic tacs so much he would by them BY THE CASE from one of the big box stores.

edit: oh and he was kind of a drunk too so this might be his dream beverage

I don't know how much flavor you would get by adding to the full boil. Depending on how much you are brewing, you can always experiment with 1 gallon and add the tic tacs to the primary (after boiling in a small amount of h2o). I don't know if I would risk the full batch. Peppermint oil might be a better option. Either way, let us know how it goes.

Back