Three Amigos! (help with 3 pepper pale ale)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theintern43

Reaction score
So I brewed a pale ale the other day and I have plans to throw some peppers in once I rack to the secondary (highly influenced after having Habenero Scuplin).

My initial idea was to de-seed and de-vain 3 or 4 jalepenos, freeze them, put them in a grain bag and drop into secondary for the last 4 days of secondary fermentation.

How ever now I am thinking of throwing in a mixture of Habenero, Serano, and jalepenos (something like 1 whole jalepeno, 1/2 habenero, and 3/4 serano).

Anyone on here done something like this before? tips and tricks?

Would you suggest I roast them in the oven first?

cheers and happy brewing!

I spray the peppers, knife, cutting board, and silicon mixing bowl with star San, cut em up, place in mixing bowl, and dump them in, the inside of the peppers should be sterile

how many peppers and what kind of peppers have you used? I'm doing 5gallons btw

I've done a couple of 5 gallon batches using one habenero, make a few slices in it, and put it in vodka for 5 minutes to sterilize. Not real hot on the tongue, some heat at the back sides of the mouth. I'm going to try one in a chocolate porter.

I want to do another IPA with one off the grill, smoked a little.

Back