Thought I Should Say Hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MultumInParvo

Reaction score
I started home brewing about 11 months ago. Brewed my first batch 3 days after I turned 21, and I am really enjoying it so far.

I have 11 batches under my belt right now, 8 extract, and the last three all grain.

My main reason to start brewing was to create something better than the average college beer I drank, for roughly the same price (and even cheaper). All of my beers so far have been drinkable, and a few pretty good, but nothing outstanding yet.

I have been impressed so far with the knowledge of the forum and look to continue learning from others' posts.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome!
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Try some of the recipes posted here, some really great ones!

Yeah, I was thinking of doing just that. I ordered ingredients for my next three batches, but maybe the fourth I'll try one of them out.

Welcome! - You will learn alot from this forum if you are an active user. Some of my friends were impressed on how much brewing knowledge I have picked up over the years.

One buddy said it to the wife that it was a waste of time to google brewing questions, all he needed was to ask me!!! That's all she needed to hear. She thinks I'm obsessed with beer as it is now.

Once you really have your system dialed in you will make outstanding beer. To me software like ProMash helped a ton. Also making moderately simple beers seem to make really good beers. 1.040 OG ~ 25-30IBUs with late and dry hopping...

My most notably great beer was made with Pale Malt & Summit (Summit SMaSH). See my pull down. I think the other thing is not drinking them too fast or early (let 'em get better) and trying to minimize sediment in the final product.

Cheers!!
:mug:

Back