This water profile okay for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzamora3

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you could look at this water report for the water in my area and see if it's okay for brewing. Mostly worried about off-tastes that might be due to the additives in the water. I brew extract and do full boils with my current setup. Thanks! :mug:

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

Not sure what you mean by additives, unless you're talking about chlorine. If that's what you're talking about, I've got no idea what the level of chlorine on your list actually works out to for brewing as far as whether it matters. Does your water taste like chlorine? I'm not sure if the free chlorine levels means that they definitely use chlorine, some places have switched to chloramine. To be safe, chlorine can be removed with an RV water hose and charcoal filter.

If you're talking about the rest of the report, everything looks pretty good. For extract, all you really need to worry about is chlorine and whether you have more than 50ppm calcium, but you've got that and most extract probably does already too. The rest of the details don't matter until you start mashing, but when you do your water looks pretty good. Alkalinity is low enough, and everything else is in a low spot in the good range. Nothing there to worry about!

Back