This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, this is what my local Buffalo Wild Wings is doing. The new manager is a large woman. She's hired a lot of large women, to be wait staff, as of lately. The hottie I mentioned several posts back, who has write on pubes (so I think), was written up about her black spandex being too tight.

I usually sit at the bar. When she got me a refill I could tell something was wrong. I asked her what's up. She was really mad about getting written up. I'm like why. She told me....... I almost sprayed a mouthful of Fat Tire as she said why. If I was a little smarter, I would have asked her to turn around and let me see if that's really the case. (Damn too bad I didn't think of that at the time.)

I think her boss is discriminating, its reverse discrimination or fat girl justice. The wait staff has changed but this place has high turn over. Who knows?

A theoretical pet peeve is Hooters.... (likely impossible, maybe not.)

If a new manager is obese, and he would start hiring fat hooter chunks, because that's what he likes.

It's nondiscriminatorial, or is it?
I believe Hooters (and other establishments like it - Twin Peaks, Tilted Kilt, etc.) have a physical body type defined in their employment agreement. Memory seems to tell me that years ago, a...larger...woman tried to sue Hooters for not hiring her, claiming discrimination. But because the "Hooters Girls" is a part of the brand identity, they are able to set a standard for what people in that position have to look like.

It's kind of like the Verizon Guy - a year or so ago, I found the contract for that job. It specifies exactly what the guy can and cannot do, and if I remember correctly, it lists physical dimensions (must be within 5'-10" and 6'-2", etc.)

I like the term for these types of establishments "Breastaurants". I think they used to have the same or similar standard for stewardesses, now known as "flight attendants".

Last edited:
I pretty much hate any kind of shopping and despise most shoppers. Tension, frustration sets in, then I develop shopping rage and get an uncontrollable urge to mow people down with my shopping cart.:mad:

People dawdle down the center of the aisle walking as slowly as possible and you can't get around them. Then they stop and block the aisle to look at something. They stand there forever and stare at it with a blank look on their face like they're lost in space or something. Sometimes they will move out of your way after you have said, "Excuse me" several times. I usually just back up and turn around only to find more dawdlers in the next aisle or shoppers that think the store is for socializing and ignore your every attempt to get around them.

You finally find an empty aisle only to discover that the last person that was there, ate cabbage for dinner the night before and left toxic fumes. You have to get out of there fast because the smell is enough to gag a maggot and of course you don't want another shopper to come down that aisle and think you did it.

You finally get to the checkstand. The woman in front of you waits until everything has been rung up and bagged, then she starts digging in her purse to find her checkbook and write out a check.

I think stores should have lines painted down the center of the aisles and arrows. All shoppers should "drive" on the right side of the aisle. Shopping carts with horns would be nice too.

I was in Walmart one time with a friend. She has severe shopping rage. It wasn't busy or crowded that day but everytime we tried to look at something, the same woman would wander down the aisle we were in and want to look at the same thing we were looking at. She'd get real close and reach across in front of us. I really don't like having some stranger's armpit in my face.

Anyway, after about the 4th time this woman followed us down another aisle, my friend waited until she got up to us. She let a big loud fart, walked off and left me standing there with this woman.

My friend swears to this day that she did not do that on purpose but I don't believe her. lol

And people who have to discuss each item they've already picked out and taken to the register with the cashier. And they stand there still debating with themselves if they want to buy it. And they rave on like they've made all these exciting discoveries in the store. It's a store. They store things in it. All this crap was put in here on purpose for you to buy. Pay up and move along.

People who buy my kids presents that are either going to make them dirty, have a billion little pieces, or are ridiculously big requiring a lot of storage, without asking me.

No, you shouldn't give my kids a play-doh set. I really don't want to be cleaning bits of play-doh out if my 3 year old's hair, or out of our carpet.

Oh, and while I do like the basketball hoop you got for my 8 year old, you should really ask me before assuming I've got room for it in my backyard.

Unlike the Power Wheels from a few years ago that takes up room in my garage but can never be used because it's impossible to watch all three kids in the front yard but it's too cumbersome to transport and/or use in the backyard. Great. You wasted your money on a toy that goes unused, while also causing fights with my son because he refuses to understand why I don't want to chase our autistic son up and down the street while also trying to make sure he doesn't get run over.

Businesses that don't have websites. No I don't want to come all the way down there just to see that your prices are not better than the one I found online and your inventory sucks. Wastes my time. I'm a guy and by nature an efficient shopper, no time to meander about and browse( except gun stores and LHBS- I will meander about and browse the shiznit out of those!)

I agree.

#1 - Why fight nature. Humans are predators. Predators eat meat. We have canine teeth for tearing meat and 3D vision or eyes on one side of our head for hunting. Prey usually doesn't have 3D vision and they have eyes on opposite side of their head, generally can't see whats right in front of them without looking to side to side.

Especially #2 Hate the draw on pubes. :D

Draw on pubes? I had no idea such a thing existed, and I've known a whole lot of women (in the blblical sense).

Couldn't find a wolf pelt. It's illegal to kill them here in Finland, so that means I'd need to somehow get one from Russia. Problem is that in Russia, only the local mafia boss is allowed to wear a wolf coat. Anybody else doing so will be seen as a direct challenge to his authority.

Do you know what is the only predator on this planet that will deliberately track down and kill a human being?

I like the term for these types of establishments "Breastaurants". I think they used to have the same or similar standard for stewardesses, now known as "flight attendants".

At the risk of appearing callous and insensitive, at least airlines have an economic justification for favouring "wispier" flight attendants. We've all seen stories of how one airline or another has eliminated 1 olive from every garden salad, or switching to plastic cutlery over metal, saving 14 pounds per flight or whatever. Multiplied by the miles flown and the cost of Jet A, it works out to $x00,000 saved per year. The same logic, of course, would apply to your employees. You're flying them all over the place, spending fuel to do so. Economically, it makes sense to employ the lightest staff required to get the job done.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if a budget airline began hiring anorexic 7-year olds as flight attendants in an absurd bid to cut weight.

anything the airlines or the Feds can do to make air travel more miserable, they will do it

next up: knock the passengers out and stack them in the cabin like cords of wood

anything the airlines or the Feds can do to make air travel more miserable, they will do it

next up: knock the passengers out and stack them in the cabin like cords of wood

Ryan-Air had stand-up "seats" already back in 2009.

Ryan-Air had stand-up "seats" already back in 2009.

Did they? I know they (and other airlines) were talking about it, and consulting with the regulatory authorities to see if the idea was legal, but I can't find any reference indicating they've actually followed-through on the idea. Have you ever actually seen any in action on any regular commercial flights? Can you reference a cite that shows they're actually in use anywhere currently?

From a Daily Mail article in September, 2014:

The idea of the 'standing cabin' made headlines in 2010 when Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary suggested that the airline would be introducing it, but spokespeople for the airline have since rejected the idea

Did they? I know they (and other airlines) were talking about it, and consulting with the regulatory authorities to see if the idea was legal, but I can't find any reference indicating they've actually followed-through on the idea. Have you ever actually seen any in action on any regular commercial flights? Can you reference a cite that shows they're actually in use anywhere currently?

From a Daily Mail article in September, 2014:

I took a RyanAir flight from Tampere to Bergamo around the end of March, 2009 and the plane had stand-up seats for the flight attendants. I mean, really stand up and buckle on the harness, with a little thing that goes between your legs.

Passengers had normal seats.

I ordered a gin tonic and they brought the gin to me in a pouch!

I think this is what RyanAir had in mind. Due to safety concerns the design is a no-go with the U.S. FAA for passengers; no idea if European aviation regulators would sign off on it either.

_48264943_vertical_seats466x270.gif

RyanAir is also dabbling with some "saddle" type designs.

One big problem regulators have with these novel seating designs is that small children cannot be safely secured in them.

I think this is what RyanAir had in mind. Due to safety concerns the design is a no-go with the U.S. FAA for passengers; no idea if European aviation regulators would sign off on it either.

_48264943_vertical_seats466x270.gif

RyanAir is also dabbling with some "saddle" type designs.

One big problem regulators have with these novel seating designs is that small children cannot be safely secured in them.

Looks like a new roller coaster idea

I actually saw this earlier... no "would" or "could" in sight, and some Adam Henry used "of" when they meant "have".

I fear for this world sometimes...

Maybe, but I'll never of such bad grammar & English.

See???

;)

Hate it when I'm sitting in a restaurant just getting my dinner and some a** walks by reaking of Ben gay and sits behind me!

More of an anoyance I guess it ranks up there with reeking of perfume or cologne

This happens enough times it's become a pet peeve?

I hate it when I go visit my mother at the nursing home and they leave the dirty diaper hamper next to the door of my mother's room.

Its so GD foul.... I think that I might need a layer Ben-gay on my upper lip. I'l have to remember to pull a muscle in my upper lip!

264f359eb2e22f804e171195b9ca8e29.jpg

Looks like a new roller coaster idea

I bet they don't have pubes.

I hate it when I go visit my mother at the nursing home and they leave the dirty diaper hamper next to the door of my mother's room.

Its so GD foul.... I think that I might need a layer Ben-gay on my upper lip. I'l have to remember to pull a muscle in my upper lip!

264f359eb2e22f804e171195b9ca8e29.jpg

Speaking of, we've covered a good way to make that happen.

Hate it when I'm sitting in a restaurant just getting my dinner and some a** walks by reaking of Ben gay and sits behind me!

Dude where are you eating at? I laughed at this post thinking how unlucky you are because this must have happened more than once. The odds of being struck by ben gay lightning twice have to be slim.

Dude where are you eating at? I laughed at this post thinking how unlucky you are because this must have happened more than once. The odds of being struck by ben gay lightning twice have to be slim.

Different restaraunts different times years apart but yes sad but true! Oh and the restaraunts were a seafood and a steak house

Never being able to find a charger for my work phone. I have a wife and three kids that all have the same phone I have tried to hide a charger but some how they always disappear. Com on man this is for my work phone the boss gets pissed if the plant goes down and he can't get ahold of me because my phone is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back