thinking about getting the Blichmann auto sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leukass

Reaction score
so my question is this- Looks like a pain in the ass to dough in and paddle your mash with the ball and arm in the middle of your pot. Can you easily take the arm and float ball off until your mash is over and you are ready to sparge?

Trying to decide between the auto sparge and just a standard spinning stainless sparge arm from norther brewer?

I've got the auto sparge and haven't had any problems doughing in yet only 3 batches AG but still no problems with it I just raise it up and lock it as high as it goes and stir around it.

so my question is this- Looks like a pain in the ass to dough in and paddle your mash with the ball and arm in the middle of your pot. Can you easily take the arm and float ball off until your mash is over and you are ready to sparge?

Trying to decide between the auto sparge and just a standard spinning stainless sparge arm from norther brewer?

Yes, there is a thumbscrew where the arm attaches to the body. I leave the arm and silicone hose and float off until I am ready to sparge, so there is nothing in the way. Takes just a minute to add them.

Back