Things the SWMBO says.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiance says things like "you can have this ring back when you pry it off my cold dead finger".

But, she also asks me "um, so are aren't you brewing this weekend?" and sends me links to used brewing equipment on CL.

So its not all bad. :D

"MF'er! Your damn beer blew up in the closet again!! You need to hurry up and get your f**king beer shed completed and get this sh*t out of here!"

Its how I am now about 75% done with my 12x24 fully finished brew shed, with a full Kal clone e-setup, kegerator and freezer for ferm temps.
:)
Some messes are made to "push" things in my direction.

She gets on me much less now I am about a month from being completely out of the house with my hobby.
She now worries more than I am going to actually physically move out into the brew cave once its completed.

:fro:

Do you have a build thread of this? I would love to see your progress. My SWMBO wants me to build a brew shed as well. :tank:

After I got my kegerator set up with two 2.5 gal kegs:

Wife: "You know what would be cool? A kegerator in the dining room with those cute little kegs."
Me: (silence, scanning for sarcasm)

She was totally serious, too.

I finally crafted a recipe that my wife really likes.

Me: Well the keg kicked so you got the last brew.
Wife: Thats crazy, I cant believe you drank it all!
Me: ME?!?

David

Mine likes to stick her head out into the garage about half way through the mash and ask "are you almost done" when she knows damn well that almost done means the chiller is in the wort or the wort is flowing into the carboy.

"You can't make any more beer! You've taken up all the space in the storage closet with your stupid jugs!"

-- while I go find room for one more --

Had a buddy over to brew and SWMBO actually brought out pretzels and hummus. She's the $hit. Full on keeper.

I poured her a bottle of that NB La Petite Orange extract kit I made with the orange zest and corriander to try and she says: "Wow, this is really good! Um, so here's the thing, you can't have anymore of these 'caue they're mine now. You should make this again."

I poured her a bottle of that NB La Petite Orange extract kit I made with the orange zest and corriander to try and she says: "Wow, this is really good! Um, so here's the thing, you can't have anymore of these 'caue they're mine now. You should make this again."

I hear this all the time. Then when I finally get her to have another bottle 2 months later "oh this is different, why does it taste so different now", which is perfect ammunition to convince her I should have a 4 tap keg system so I can skip bottle conditioning beers I make for her/guests.

Do you have a build thread of this? I would love to see your progress. My SWMBO wants me to build a brew shed as well. :tank:

I have pictures of the progress and just need to put the thread together. Might do this tonight so I can keep track of it all and share with the group.
:rockin:

SWMBO asked when the monster truck would be pulling into our driveway...

What she doing home today anyway??

View attachment 259644

That is excellent!

I brought up the fact that Walter did what he did to make millions and deal with the consequences. I just want to make good brew at home. Seems reasonable 👍

"Well, if you'd do normal things with your spare time like other men, instead of messing around with your stupid guns, Jeep, boats and beer, I might not complain."

How do you respond to a statement like that? What do 'normal' men do? :drunk:

Spend all day playin gor spending money on golf, go the bar hit on barfly's, come home drunk and beat the wife and kids. Run that option past her.

I have a dual stopper opening lid for my BMB. I sent the SWMBOIIWTGL (she who must be obeyed if I want to get laid) a photo of my blow-off tube/airlock combo, with the blow-off tube in full dump mode. Her reply, That's cray cray. Wtf does Cray cray mean?

I have a dual stopper opening lid for my BMB. I sent the SWMBOIIWTGL (she who must be obeyed if I want to get laid) a photo of my blow-off tube/airlock combo, with the blow-off tube in full dump mode. Her reply, That's cray cray. Wtf does Cray cray mean?

Basically, 'crazy taken to a whole new level.' Comes from a youtube video posted about three years ago, according to knowyourmeme.com: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cray-cray

Me: So you don't like cold beer?
Her: No, I don't like it cold with bubbles. It hurts my throat.

:eek::confused::eek::confused:

My wife at mash in every time I brew. "Damn, now I want Grape Nuts again!" I've never seen her eat Grape Nuts in the 14 years we have been together. ;)

Still sounds like a keeper, easier to please than my SWMBO who, no level of carbonation is high enough.

My wife for EVERY BEER:

"It would be better if it was colder."

"The fridge is set to 38°... it couldn't get much colder"

"Oh."

My wife upon entering the basement and seeing what is in the attached photo:

"I feel like I wanna puke when I think about how much money you have spent here."

I wanna puke when I think about the number of shoes she owns and the Coach diaper bag she carries around.

I guess we are even!

Brewery.JPG

My wife upon entering the basement and seeing what is in the attached photo:

"I feel like I wanna puke when I think about how much money you have spent here."

I wanna puke when I think about the number of shoes she owns and the Coach diaper bag she carries around.

I guess we are even!

I've never understood this sentiment, from both sides, male or female. Hobbies cost money, (most) things that people enjoy cost money. If all the normal bills get paid, and your house isnt falling apart, and the car runs, the kids (if you have kids) have everything they need, who cares if you spend money on something you really love and enjoy to do.

I'll bet there are some people that restore classic cars look at some of us and chuckle when we talk about how expensive the hobby can become.

Yes, yes we do. :mug:

Yeah my fiance won't say anything about how much I spend on beer stuff...a) she enjoys drinking it and b) I haven't spent even half of what she did just for the paint on her car, never mind all the other stuff. That's a whole other ball game.

My wife says nothing about my brewing expense. And in return I don't say anything about her clothes/shoes shopping.....

From the stupid questions department ...

After telling her I wanted to start making beer.

Wife: "What are you going to do with all that beer?"

"Yes, I understand what CIP means, but why is the place my kitchen sink?!"

Back