Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nemesis at work whom I've mentioned multiple times, is now yelling across the engineering bay requesting assistance... she can not figure out how to get Google Chrome on her computer. Any IT guys here that can help her out?

I'm yelling her the directions now. From NC. Tell her to shut up and listen for them.

not even google directions.
mapquest. feel like its 2002 over here.

all the technology in-capabilities aside, to get to the place he wanted to go, you literally get on one of the largest interstates in the US, drive west for an hour, and get off at the exit that is labeled with the town's name.

I had to get to an address in Westminster,CA and one in Orlando,FL. I just got in and drove. Finally, I had to ask directions both times and found I was 1/4 mile from my destinations. Not so tough.

Listening to my co-worker rant about her ex-husband. She is divorced and remarried, and has custody of their 2 teenage sons. Apparently he texts her constantly, alternating between insulting her, begging for a hook-up (he's also remarried, of course) and threatening her. He also accuses her of keeping their kids from him, when in reality they just don't want to be near him because he's such an a-hole.

My problems don't seem so bad in comparison.

:pipe:

That dude sounds like a baller. I bet he partys

So, the early guy is supposed to be early because that provides a wider range of coverage time.
He is ALWAYS at breakfast for ~hr every day after logging in....

....do I say something?
....do I just join him and say F! it?

Sigh. This is the same guy who has ONE project to my 1million and boss telling me, "well you just need to work longer."

Ugh... spring is coming, so naturally, the sandals are coming out in full force. I hate sandals any time, but at work? Come on... I don't want to see your gross ass toes.

Ugh... spring is coming, so naturally, the sandals are coming out in full force. I hate sandals any time, but at work? Come on... I don't want to see your gross ass toes.
Plus the fact that they are HORRIBLE for you as a footwear choice.

I hate this as well. Although it is usually the females in our office that do it. I can't stand it, although one lady in the office has some nice looking feet, I won't lie.

I actually wore flip flops in a couple times last summer to bring attention to it hoping they would put a stop to allowing it. Even told the people who asked why I was in flip flops. Nothing happened.

Several of the women here wear wigs. Wig hairs everywhere.

Yeah, I can't say anything here as I have about an 8" beard that sheds and the dog hair that has invaded every pore, crevice, pocket, zipper, etc of my being (265# of long haired dogs). I am a walking advertisement for the lint rollers I keep in my desk.

This talk about sandals brought on flash backs of my boss who used to come into work and take off his boots and wear crocs all day in the shop... didn't help matters that he believed in showering only once a week. Made for some pretty stinky summers. When he used to leave work for massage therapy I would pray for the therapist lol.

Not my coworkers this time...my bosses...at least one set.

As a seconded employee, I have the company that pays me and the company I work for. Part of the reason I have this job is my employer's software is used at the company I am seconded to and they wanted an onsite admin. Earlier this year they told the company that the software is end of life but they would support it through July 2017 for their two largest clients.

Support to me, my "other" boss and my boss from my company all interpreted this as...they will do the same crap they did before for a price including shortcuts and changes developed by the client. We had an approximate $45K RFP to the IT group that used to support us.

Denied

Bumped it up to the techincal director of the division "My hands are tied, this came from the home office in London. Denied."

VP of US operations has the discussion with the client (my other boss) and assures him the RFP will go through but may take more time and cost more than he is used to.

Two weeks later...denied...and no one has told the client.

I threw them all under the bus today.

On the plus side, until at least early 2018, I am bulletproof with the client. Someone has to manage the search, selection and transition support to whatever the selected replacement is.

Onkel, Good for you. Too many middle managers looking short sighted. Finish the job, support the software until new can be implemented and move on. Jeebus...

Onkel, Good for you. Too many middle managers looking short sighted. Finish the job, support the software until new can be implemented and move on. Jeebus...

Honestly, if I do this right I can likely change horses to either work directly for the client or whatever company supplies the newly selected software. Not having DBA or anything remotely IT related in my degree might be a challenge but the client likes me enough that can likely be overcome.

Just sucks that my mostly fat-dumb-and-happy gig is getting more complicated. Easiest paychecks I ever earned for the last 4 years.

The guy I ride around with all night gets really stinky when it rains and barks obnoxiously at anyone that approaches the work truck.

2ahum42.jpg

Feet and toes are horribly ugly and should always be encased in shoes and socks. Tits too - horribly ugly and should always be fully tucked in to a bra with no low cut tops of any sort.

Good Grief .. what planet are you people from ?

The worst thing about my coworkers is all the breathing. You know, in and out and in and out. It's so repetitive!

I work in a cube farm.
only 4 of us in the area.
One guy coughs and clears his throat constantly, I mean constantly. he doesn't smoke either. nor has a cold.
So much in fact I kept track of how many times over a 20 minute period he does this.
17 friggin times in 20 minutes.
17 x 3 = 51 in an hour
51 x 8 = 408 times clearing his throat and coughs in one day.

Time to bring the Bose noise canceling headphones to work.

me: ok, your server is hosed, and the last backup of our program's data is dated March 8 of this year. now, I've restored that, and you've re-entered everything you've done since then and ran the report you needed. but we have some database errors and it looks like that March 8 data we restored was corrupted, so we may have to restore from the day before and you'll have to re-re-enter everything you've done since then

customer: that's OK, I may have to come to your office and kill you

me: fair enough

Soooooo ever loving tired of listening to someone in the cube kiddie-corner to mine who is a lefty-blue-lever-puller crabbing about Trump. Get a clue dear, both the red puppets and the blue puppets play for the same team.

Soooooo ever loving tired of listening to someone in the cube kiddie-corner to mine who is a lefty-blue-lever-puller crabbing about Trump. Get a clue dear, both the red puppets and the blue puppets play for the same team.

Careful on the politics topic. Has caused trouble before in threads.

How about just "They talk about politics" Frankly I could do without hearing everybody talking about politics. I get too much of it from the 'news' as it is.

Your unbiased opinion is welcome over here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=530740

They're not a supporting member, so no, no it is not :D

Edit: Same old rant for me. Woman I've complained about continues to show up, do < 25% of the work that the rest of our team does, receives credit for stuff she doesn't do. But wait! There is more! Complains about the drudgery of doing the same thing for ~2 years (like, the same exact FEM for that time) and the TURNS DOWN NEW WORK - because she's too busy.... yeah, that iPhone isn't gonna use itself, sweetheart.

Oh, and a new one. Guy that was promoted to team leader doesn't have the stones to force her to do anything.

Back