Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet there are people who I piss off. The things that really get me are common hygiene and such, though. If you physically stink from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave, so bad that I can smell where you've been without even seeing you...that's a problem. If you don't wash your hands after dropping a deuce, that's a problem. Etc, etc.

Mostly it just the whistlers that piss me off.

Is this for my listening pleasure? I don't think so. IMO: whistling to yourself is one step away from muttering to yourself at full volume.

Is this for my listening pleasure? I don't think so. IMO: whistling to yourself is one step away from muttering to yourself at full volume.

I curse out loud sometimes...where does that rank? :D

I don't whistle but I mutter/talk with myself alot. OK not really with myself, I am arguing with the voices in my head. You don't even want to know what they're up to!

The trick with muttering is to buy a Bluetooth earpiece. Then you move up the social pecking order from "crazy person" to "*****nozzle".

Swearing doesn't bother me. I have to make an effort to not swear. Too many years of construction management and growing up in a military family.

tumblr_m7qzgiPVsk1rycybeo1_500.gif

We've a guy who whistles. It's when he stops that causes concern.

We've a stink pot, too. Dudes reeks like sour milk and staleness. He even looks dirty. Greasy. It's bad hygiene. He's a damn funk ball. And a teller of tall tales. He's raced the fastest muscle cars. Ridden a motorcycle across the country, and back. Flown on and photographed the inside of Air Force One. Yeah. But he doesn't have the pictures because the DoD asked him for them to put in their historical archive. He's been on numerous top secret missions, the kind where they delete your identity before you go and don't reinstate it until you're back. He invented and built a tank bunker. He's an honorary member of the Banditos. He's an engineer of all sorts. Has numerous degrees. Builds his own computers, but can't map to a drive or connect to a network printer. All this and he's two ranks and a license behind me, despite being there near twice as long.

PackerfaninSanDiego said:
but you are not my co-worker, so I gotta like you til I hear the f-bombs

I seriously say the F word at least 50 times a day but don't really mean to. I'm a flight line mechanic everyone one says F1ck a lot.

We've a guy who whistles. It's when he stops that causes concern.

We've a stink pot, too. Dudes reeks like sour milk and staleness. He even looks dirty. Greasy. It's bad hygiene. He's a damn funk ball. And a teller of tall tales. He's raced the fastest muscle cars. Ridden a motorcycle across the country, and back. Flown on and photographed the inside of Air Force One. Yeah. But he doesn't have the pictures because the DoD asked him for them to put in their historical archive. He's been on numerous top secret missions, the kind where they delete your identity before you go and don't reinstate it until you're back. He invented and built a tank bunker. He's an honorary member of the Banditos. He's an engineer of all sorts. Has numerous degrees. Builds his own computers, but can't map to a drive or connect to a network printer. All this and he's two ranks and a license behind me, despite being there near twice as long.
I think that guy used to work for us... BMW sent his uncle a prototype of their motorcycle so he could write the owners manual for it, his aunt played with Elton John, he never sleeps (might have something to do with the coffee you could serve with a fork...)

Dude was always the first to the office - like, 4:30-5:00 early. Lived a mile away from me, and I have a 30 mile commute. During the winter, I drive my 4wd if there's snow on the ground. One morning, after the second snowdrift over my hood, I turned around and took a day off. Called him to let him know that hey, the roads are crap, we're not going to work. His response? "Oh, I'm already here. Had to thread the needle between two semis stuck on the road, but made it." He drove a Dodge Neon.

Overheard my co-worker telling someone about some sh*t his wife of 20 years.... I know for a fact he is 35 wtf.

I worked with one guy for 2 1/2 days (he was the short timer) in a steel yard in South Dakota. told us he had 50,000 head of cattle on 500,000 acres in TN. I asked him why the flocc he was trying to drive local route for a steel yard in SD if he had that much cattle in TN. he said the truck job was just for spending money. bwahahaha!! we had some real winners there. I got the stories that deserve another thread.

Billy-Klubb said:
I worked with one guy for 2 1/2 days (he was the short timer) in a steel yard in South Dakota. told us he had 50,000 head of cattle on 500,000 acres in TN. I asked him why the flocc he was trying to drive local route for a steel yard in SD if he had that much cattle in TN. he said the truck job was just for spending money. bwahahaha!! we had some real winners there. I got the stories that deserve another thread.

So he has that going for him.......which is nice

So he has that going for him.......which is nice

he also had a special CDL from "theee Ewe-night-Ed States Marine Corps" that stated he had to log a certain amount of miles a year, or he'd lose it. also, he claimed to have logged over a million miles. he was only 24 or 25. I told this to my dad (who started driving truck in 1962 at the age of 13) and he laughed his a$$ off. "You know how long I had to drive to get that many miles?" hahahhaa!!!

Well that obvious bull **** haha. Keep your lies simple ! In that biz and your dads right it takes a while

Also thank him for making our economy work !

This must be all the same guy. Ours has retired from a major canned food producer, did 20+ years in the Army (some active, some reserve, because they "needed" him to retain his commission) has two houses and a sweet oil lease on both of them. I mean JR Ewing deals on 1/4 acre lots. And he only works at the plant for the insurance benefits and an extra pension. That's why he doesn't bother getting promoted. Doesn't need to. Oh, and he has a military driver's license that's higher than any CDL. He can operate any type of vehicle or heavy equipment. Oh, and if he's ever late or misses work, it's covered with a phone call from the government. And he used to take a vacation day once a month and a week during the summer for his drill duty. That way, the plant had to pay him twice.

Well that obvious bull **** haha. Keep your lies simple ! In that biz and your dads right it takes a while

Also thank him for making our economy work !

old man drove all his life. forced to retire at the age of 63 due to a massive heart attack. it's even what he did in Vietnam.:rockin:

I've had many annoying coworkers. The problem is that I end up actually somewhat fond of them. Their *****eyness and the fact that I have to find a way to refrain from killing them creates a situation where I'm bound to find something, anything, that allows me to interact with them in a civil manner.

I have to talk to them and find one thing that they may be Truly knowledgeable about. This is sometimes a very lengthy process. I'm talking years. In the meantime, if they spout some crap, I research to see if the **** is true. So I actually do learn from those jerks.

I have a co-worker that says things I cannot possibly hear from the distance I am at,with all the moderate noise. Yet she still babbles and I always have to say "what?". Most of the time I ignore because most of the time its distracting babbleing anyway,when I find out what it is she actually says.Then Im like "oh" and god shut up stop distracting me and let me focus on my tasks. Ugh.Do your job and stop "milking" time for your sake.

I also have lazy co-workers that dont like to do "certain" things all the time that they avoid which I end up doing,even though Ive been at the job 2-3X longer than they have. I dont mind doing them but when your doing the same tasks at the preference of other workers that "dont like or dont want to do certain things" then that gets pretty old.

I'm a bartender and I hate how my co-workers walk off because, "oh he can handle it, that's nothing compared to what he did last week". It's very irritating because although I get everything done we all split tips at the end of the night so they make as much as me from the money I am working for. We have another girl who is on her way to management who will sit in the office for HOURS and still gets to split tips and tip out. The bar is not well run despite having the best efforts of a small few.

NormPeterson said:
I'm a bartender and I hate how my co-workers walk off because, "oh he can handle it, that's nothing compared to what he did last week". It's very irritating because although I get everything done we all split tips at the end of the night so they make as much as me from the money I am working for. We have another girl who is on her way to management who will sit in the office for HOURS and still gets to split tips and tip out. The bar is not well run despite having the best efforts of a small few.

Time to find a bar where they don't split tips! I had the same problem as a valet. We would split tips at the end of the shift. The problem was some of the guys would go smoke out in the valet lot and not do **** for a few hours. I finally had enough of it and went to a slightly lesser hotel, but didn't split tips. I still made more there!

One gal I work with laughs very LOUD. If I were ever lost in the forest I would want her and a comedian to be with me. I am pretty sure we'd be rescue within minutes.

I'm sure I annoy my coworkers too. I'll frequently walk off or turn around and blatantly ignore them if/when they start talking about irrelevant chitchat. I just don't care what your cat did last night.

Not me used to piss me off to no end. I would go out in the shop and ask who screwed up these parts and all I would hear was not me.

Admit your mistake and carry on instead of trying to fly under the radar. I will have more respect and advance a person faster that can admit they screwed up and then fix it

Time to find a bar where they don't split tips! I had the same problem as a valet. We would split tips at the end of the shift. The problem was some of the guys would go smoke out in the valet lot and not do **** for a few hours. I finally had enough of it and went to a slightly lesser hotel, but didn't split tips. I still made more there!

I was a valet a few years ago. I was what you call a floater, which just meant I would go to any one of our 100+ accounts to fill in for people. Well one day when I filled in at a place where we split tips I turned in a little over 120 to be split. The other guy however turned in a whopping 48. Needless to say I was pissed so I called one of the supervisors and told him how I got screwed and how worthless of a valet the other kid was....WELLLL that supervisor turned out to be best friends with the other guy. Within two weeks they quit scheduling me.

"Good Morning" and "Hello".

Gets me every time.

I was a valet a few years ago. I was what you call a floater, which just meant I would go to any one of our 100+ accounts to fill in for people. Well one day when I filled in at a place where we split tips I turned in a little over 120 to be split. The other guy however turned in a whopping 48. Needless to say I was pissed so I called one of the supervisors and told him how I got screwed and how worthless of a valet the other kid was....WELLLL that supervisor turned out to be best friends with the other guy. Within two weeks they quit scheduling me.

Then you gotta wonder if that other guy pocketed some of HIS tips so he could get more of yours... :D

My direct boss just came into my office and acknowledged the massive workload that I had.
Then he went back to his office and sent me an email, copying all the company executives, asking me where I was on getting caught up on all my work.

WTF?

My direct boss just came into my office and acknowledged the massive workload that I had.
Then he went back to his office and sent me an email, copying all the company executives, asking me where I was on getting caught up on all my work.

WTF?
My boss will do something similar to that from time to time -- it's his way of pointing out just how much work is on my desk. But that's usually when one of the other engineers wants to have a "drafting meeting" to find out who they can assign projects to. Last time I got invited to one of those, my boss gave me a list of over three years worth of work..... I haven't been included in those meetings since (and I'm okay with that -- I hate picking up someone else's leftovers)

WTF?

Reply all.

With a detailed list of your current assignments and the projected finish date of each (artificially exaggerated so you look good finishing early) and a note with each describing what you lack to finish he job.

Include a isn't prioritizing the projects and asking all if they would like you to shift any of the scheduling.

Rhumbline said:
Reply all.

With a detailed list of your current assignments and the projected finish date of each (artificially exaggerated so you look good finishing early) and a note with each describing what you lack to finish he job.

Include a isn't prioritizing the projects and asking all if they would like you to shift any of the scheduling.

I generally hate the reply all button. Certainly appropriate on occasion but Jesus.... We don't all need to see you say "thanks" or "ok" or whatever to the sender.

When the boss is soooooo busy with his ONE project, and keeps dumping everything in your lap, when you have 10+ things going at the same time.

Reply all.

2 things....
1, I hate the reply to all function
2, If I typed all my current projects into an email with that sort of detail, it would take me 2 days, essentially putting me 2 days behind on my work.

I'd rather him just not be a dick about it.

Smelly guy is on the phone right now, the morning "what's on your plate" call they make to us so they know where we are on things, if we can handle more work today or not, etc. Essentially they want to know what jobs you have left to do, and what you got done yesterday.

He explains in detail what stage he's at, what issues he's having, talking for minutes on end...I don't know why they don't just say, "We really just need to know the job numbers you have left to do and what you finished yesterday, that's it."

Why don't people understand the purpose of things, rather they give irrelevant info...??

Back