Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I have planned out my brew schedule, it's time to plan the rest of my weekend

It's beer o'clock somewhere. (i get the strangest looks from neighbors when I get done working my 12hr shift at 6:30am and come home sit outside and drink a cold one while grabbing a smoke). It's almost like they find it odd someone would be drinking at 6:45am

I get off at 8:30 am and by 9 I usually have a cold one in hand. I get those same looks too! :D

pb

Me too when I got off at 8:30am in the Ford foundry. I'd waltz into the bar at 8:45 or so,& start on draft beers & shots of tequila. Everyone else turned a lil green,with their coffee & breakfasts. Well,hey,it's after work party time to me!...:tank::ban:

"I'd better finish that case of IIPA soon. I've heard that hops fade over time. (I've never owned any beer long enough to experience it but I heard it on the Internet. The Internet never lies)."

"When our civilization collapses, my beer brewing knowledge will come in handy. Beer will be the new world currency!!! (Evil scientist laugh) "

Think about this on a daily basis. That's why it's always important to have a few hundreds bottles on hand.

It's beer o'clock somewhere. (i get the strangest looks from neighbors when I get done working my 12hr shift at 6:30am and come home sit outside and drink a cold one while grabbing a smoke). It's almost like they find it odd someone would be drinking at 6:45am

I get off at 3am, I've often felt like I would be stared at for drinking beer when I get home. Except everybody is asleep because they have normal jobs that don't suck.

"That new craft beer sounds good but I think I'll buy something with an easier label to remove."

guilty as charged, almost want to call a particular brewhouse to have them change their label type so i can continue to buy. Seriously tho, why do they have to make them come off SO HARD!!! as i'm scratching with my fingernails, swearing...out loud...i'm questioning buying these again...and sadly i don't.

good line Ridire... stupid labels.

I use to roll home from work about 5AM...always made my roommates sick as I was drinking bourbon and beer while they tried to eat cereal...

When you see "BCBS" in the medical field (Blue Cross, Blue Shield), and think... "man... I could really go for a Bourbon County Barrel Stout right about now..."

drakerebel said:
guilty as charged, almost want to call a particular brewhouse to have them change their label type so i can continue to buy. Seriously tho, why do they have to make them come off SO HARD!!! as i'm scratching with my fingernails, swearing...out loud...i'm questioning buying these again...and sadly i don't.

Inspired by Edmund Fitzgerald Porter by Great Lakes Brewing. Great beer. Crappy glue.

Mrs. Bob, " I need some help here!"

Me, " Not now, I'm busy!

Mrs. Bob, "What's so important?"

Me, "I'm trying to empty this damned keg to make room for more beer!"

pb :mug:

Every time I go to the, Liquor Barn, for samples/research beer, I swear I'm gonna stay under $50.

Usually costs me $100+

pb --- research is costly/fun

While drinking homebrew: "I could save big $$$'s if I only bought this one extra thing! "I'll order it now!"

Order arrives: ****! what was I thinking????

pb

ScottG58 said:
"I'd better finish that case of IIPA soon. I've heard that hops fade over time. (I've never owned any beer long enough to experience it but I heard it on the Internet. The Internet never lies)."

It happens. I brew 10 gallon batches and have 5 taps on the kegerator. My last IIPA took about 5 months to finish off, and the hops faded WAY too much in that time.

Future IIPA brewing will be a collaboration with other homebrew club members so I don't end up with more than 5 gallons for myself.

high5apparatus said:
I was just down in my beer room and thought "I'm running low. I only have 5 cases of beer."

image-3597138785.jpg

I second that! In the basement is 5 gallons of American brown ale. A summer ale is up next.

That is one of the reasons I went to primarily keg. Took a slipped razor blade to the tip of my thumb and cut 1/4 inch into my thumb and thumbnail. Still cannot feel anything from the tip of my thumb. That is what I get for getting impatient and not just going with a hot water/Oxy soak for a day or so and then using a scrubby..

"That second chest freezer is totally reasonable and be used for other important stuff in addition to holding kegs, bottled beer, and food like cured bacon, cured salmon, olives and other stuff related to beer in some way."

BigJack said:
A nice pint of brown ale goes well with a full southern breakfast of biscuits and grave, sausage, eggs, and hash browns.

Framboise and waffles goes well together too.

Not that I drink that early that often.

Um, anyway, I'm :off:

I've been there, I really loved a dewey summer morning on the porch after spending 12 hours at work.

Back