Thin wall tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1341

Reaction score
I ordered 3/16 ID vinyl and tubing and had it delivered yesterday. I failed to see that it was 5/16 OD instead of 7/16. Are there any issues with using the thin wall tubing for my beer/soda lines. All of the homebrew stores I see sell the thick wall tubing exclusively.

I believe I just got the same tuning on Amazon. Judging by the reviews it will be fine and it can handle the pressure so I don't see any problems with it. That being said I haven't used it yet.

Not sure but would love to hear others responses.

I'll just say though don't go smaller than 3/16x5/16. I also got the 3/16x5/16 off amazon and it works but prior to that i had some 3/16x1/4 (something the guy i bought the kegging system off craigslist included as an extra) and it was incapable of stretching over 1/4" barbs without tearing. The 5/16 is just enough to handle it.

Though i do have the issue of losing carbonation from within the lines. No leaks anywhere in the system, but who's to say thats actually is the smaller diameter lines fault. At some point i'll get get around to ordering some 7/16 OD tubing and see if there's any difference.

Back