The World Cup Approacheth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or because you have to wait 120 minutes for something to happen

Yeah, I noticed that too. all 22 players just sat there for 120 minutes :rolleyes:

Especially the two guys right at the end that did a deliberate hand ball and saved the game for Uruguay.

I'd much rather watch your typical NFL possession:

1) hand off up the middle; gain of 1
2) hand off, off tackle; loss of 3
3) QB drops back; incomplete pass
4) punt
5) commericial
6) repeat :D

LOL

I know, I know....sorry for flipping so much crap.

It comes down to taste in sports. I truly appreciate the athleticism in soccer and in fact I have enjoyed the world cup. It's just not my style. And, believe it or not, its not because of the lack of goals. I do grasp/understand/get the game; it just doesn't suit me. Comments like "hopeless", "chump" and the general elitist attitude amongst (not all but a lot) fans (you can't deny) entice me to stir it up...

Peace?

Oh, no hard feelings... I just really don't like the "waiting around for something to happen" excuse for not liking soccer; it's cheap and recycled from the mid-90's.

Today's MLS game debunks another endlessly reused insult, really the bread-and-butter of the "let's jump on the hating soccer bandwagon" folk: that it's too low scoring. Salt Lake vs New England today was physical, fast-paced and it ended 5-0... GASP!

But what if a person watched the match and really fealt that way? Surely you don't think that person is automatically saying that to go along with a common theme , right? It really does go both ways. But, to speak against it now during the Mecca is quite inappropriate and again I apoligize

Like I said earlier.... I like Germany's chances.... A LOT!!!!!!!

sexy-german-soccer-football-fans.jpg

Woooow... go Germany. I thought they looked sub-par this tournament but I guess I was proved wrong :D

I'm calling the PARvESP game 3-1... a lot of upsets this time around.

Viva Espana!!!!!!!! I just hung Marybeth's flatscreen on the wall, and nearly missed the start of the game because there was no instructions on how to remove the base.

Spain+Hot+Football+Female+Fans+-+Sexy+Spanish+Soccer+Girls-1.jpg

Spain+Hot+Football+Female+Fans+-+Sexy+Spanish+Soccer+Girls-10.jpg

Spain+Hot+Football+Female+Fans+-+Sexy+Spanish+Soccer+Girls-5.jpg

Maradona was one of the greatest players of all times. But he's a below-average coach.
Argentina reached this stage of the competition due to individual players. Argentina deserves better. They have great players. They don't have a team. Maradona ran out of luck....

Germany plays great. The result with Argentina might make them think they are already WC winners, and this might hurt them.

Soccer and beer, not too bad.

Germany plays great. The result with Argentina might make them think they are already WC winners, and this might hurt them.

While it may be worrisome for other clubs, Germany has always been a disciplined team... I think they'll be fine

It looked that this WC will be a south american affair. Not anymore, even though Uruguay might bring the surprise.

Ya know, the way a few of them go overboard with the acting, it wouldn't surprise me if someone try sneaking out a fake blood capsule. :D

Back