The Weber Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the process of incorporating a minifridge into my chamber and i'm curious as to how effective the single fan is at moving the cold air from your lager chamber to the ale chamber?

Does the lager side hold temp well enough that this can also be used for serving beer? I was thinking I could build this and while I have some beer conditioning or cold crashing, you can have a few kegs in there two, and just put a few taps through the top and serve out of it as well. Do you think that would work? Also, do you have any condensation issues? Does the A/C unit get a bunch of water in the back, and drip all over the floor? I'm thinking of making something like this and finishing it really nice with some sort of countertop and using it as a bar. If I can keep the A/C unit out of sight (perhaps behind the bar?) I can probably convince SWMBO to let me have this in the house.

I had to disable to the PCB on the AC unit in order to force it to cool below 65. I'll follow up with a schematic as soon as I find it. :)

Any luck on the schematic? I have an Stc-1000 Controller running a mini fridge fermentation chamber. I have a feeling the fridge is in its last legs. I would like to swap in an A/C unit. Any assistance you can provide on how you bypassed wiring etc would be very handy.

img1614nm.jpg

The AC unit needed to be modified a bit. I put a panel of fans on the front to blow across the evaporator to try and de-ice it.
dscn6537.jpg

dscn6541.jpg

I had to disable to the PCB on the AC unit in order to force it to cool below 65. I'll follow up with a schematic as soon as I find it. :) I plugged the AC unit into a Ranco controller. Hey and ELECTRICITY WILL KILL YOU! DON'T DO WHAT I DID. IF YOU TOUCH A CAPACITOR THAT HAS NOT BEEN DISCHARGED IT CAN KILL YOU.
dscn6534.jpg

What that capacitor. That'll knock you on your butt if it doesn't kill you. I let it discharge for 24 hours then grounded it and checked it with a DVM just in case. I am very afraid of electricity. :)
img1564i.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is similar to what I am trying to do with the ac unit. Did you ever come up with the schematics on bypassing the internal thermostat? Also, can you tell me if the small. Imputed fans are placed inside the front panel of the ac unit? I a newbie with this appliance modification and am a bit unsure as a result.

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Excellent project! kind of what I'm trying to pull of but I got a question though. Does your AC unit bring your electric bill too high? I was thinking of setting one too in my small fermentation room but I was making calculations and got about 90 bucks just by the small minisplit :(

I wanna bring down the temp about 5 or 6 °C only maybe even less at times. Where I live is pretty cool and luckily not so hot or cold, so I'm thinking the unit wouldn't even work at night I guess

Hey guys!

My wife Alison and I are currently working on a project that would be the perfect companion to Fermentation chamber like this.

It's called the Solidus, and its a WiFi enabled device that fits in the palm of your hand and will notify you anywhere in the world if the temperatures in your fermentation chamber are getting out of line. All with no subscription fee and an MSRP of only $50

Please consider backing our kickstarter here:
www.riotlabs.net/kickstarter

IMG_2231.jpg

Kickstarter Webpage 1-3-01.jpg

solidus-header.jpg

ks-header-300x156.jpg

If OP is still around, you can use the skypath utility to download your images from imageshack so that they can be uploaded to a free image hosting service like photobucket.

I went through the same problem as I'd hosted images on imageshack for free for many years but then out of the blue they decided to start charging for hosting. I used Skypath to retrieve my imageshack images and put them on photobucket.

Latest posts

Back