The Reason I Haven't Been Posting Much...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igliashon

Reaction score
…is because I'm opening a (dedicated gluten-free) brewery, in Seattle!

http://ghostfishbrewing.com

…and the farewell post on my old blog, telling the (abridged) story, can be found here

Wouldja believe it never would've happened if my now-partners hadn't seen my comment begging for a job on Moonshrimp Dan's post about his new brewery? So even though I never heard back from Dan, I still landed a job anyway. So, yay!

To pre-empt the barrage of questions I suspect some of you might be wondering about:
-We are currently planning on a 15bbl brewhouse, launching with three flagships in single 19.2-oz stovepipe cans, as well as kegs distributed to select establishments around Washington state
-We hope to launch with internet distribution to all states that allow the shipping of alcohol
-We are making all of our beers mostly with millet malt, with the occasional addition of unmalted adjuncts (quinoa, buckwheat, wild rice, and possibly oats), and occasionally sugars or GF grain extract syrups to boost gravity when appropriate
-We are going to have an ever-changing array of taproom-only experimental beers
-We don't have a location yet and are about 67% funded; we may downsize our system if we can't make our funding goal of $1m by the end of January
-We'll be launching a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign at some point after we begin construction to help get us over the top of our fundraising goals

So yeah, I will be a busy busy beaver for the next several…years, probably? But I will try to keep checking in here periodically and share what I can to help keep up the discussion. I owe this forum IMMENSELY and have no intention of turning my back on it.

Cheers, mates, to a bright future of amazing gluten-free beer!
:fro:

Congratulations! As a Seattle resident, I look forward to checking Ghostfish out once you get up and running. Let me know if you need some tasters to try recipes out on. :)

Best of luck. It sounds like hard work and lots of money.

Congratulations! Don't brew any bad beers and give gluten free a bad name. :D

Wish I could get some. I live in PA though. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

This is excellent news! I remember that has been a dream/goal of yours from the start. Will you have a menu in the taproom too? I'm very happy for you, all the best.

I live in PA and we have terrible alcohol laws. But if you guys can ship your product to Ohio, I promise I will order it and drive out there and buy some!

That's great man! Many prayers sent your way from central Texas! Hope your beers make it to the southwest!

Is Maryland one of those states? If not I'll nag the local booze store to start carrying it. All they have in GF is green's blonde singles or cider.

Which is why I started exploring home brew in the first place.

I have to give credit to GF brewers in general, but especially those trying it commercially. Any news on a kickstarter/etc?

Congrats to you! Too bad I'll be passing through Seattle in the next few weeks before you are open. If you're like the other guys I know that have opened around me, then you are making test batches somewhere....

...how big is Seattle, wonder I can just follow the mash smell?

Drop me a line via our website contact page if you're in the area. I'd be more than happy to share a few pints with you, but you'd have to come up to my business partner's place in Edmonds for it, and it'll be at "cellar temperature" because we don't have a kegerator yet (LOL).

Back