The Power Of Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry482

Reaction score
I live in Baltimore City. As most of you know, Monday night was rough here. I could see fire out my window and smell smoke in my house as I sat on my couch shaking - holding a 357. The following morning around 9am, I went outside to see if I still had a vehicle and saw that they were still looting. Logically, I went back inside and fired up the HERMS. I brewed a pale ale that for 4 hours, completely took me away from the mayhem going on around me. I guess many hobbies have this power, but for me, on that day, it was brewing. And for that, I'm thankful.

A RIOT Pale! Very fitting.

Glad you and yours didn't get involved or hurt, and your car was still there, unscathed hopefully. Usually, insurance doesn't pay out for those events. And with liability-only it's on you anyway.

Last edited:
I live in Baltimore City. As most of you know, Monday night was rough here. I could see fire out my window and smell smoke in my house as I sat on my couch shaking - holding a 357. The following morning around 9am, I went outside to see if I still had a vehicle and saw that they were still looting. Logically, I went back inside and fired up the HERMS. I brewed a pale ale that for 4 hours, completely took me away from the mayhem going on around me. I guess many hobbies have this power, but for me, on that day, it was brewing. And for that, I'm thankful.

Hopefully things settle down when it's time to drink that bad boy!

I thought you were going to say that you brought some rioters in for a beer, which may or may not have been a good idea given the circumstances.

I spoke with a couple co-workers who live in the city. After they told me how many guns and ammo they kept in their homes for protection through the riots I thought I was watching The Purge Anarchy. We're. Still riotless in Boston. I'm sure we're next.

Back