the other other other football league

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it's crazy I just need all the 7-5 to lose this weekend other then me.....then I'll be happy

Yep congrats! Let us know and PM me to discuss your beer options. I have a handful of good ones you might like!

I pm'd brewser the other day and no response either. Last years winner vanished after he gave us his address...maybe winning comes with a homebrewtalk curse?

If he doesn't claim should we send to second place, or do a league wide beer trade somehow so we all send our loser beer, but split his pot and get a beer in return?

I'm still around just been unable to post. I'll pm everyone today. It was a good season, can't wait till next year!

Good to see you are around. I've got one of those famous Boyrbon County Barleywines ready to trade (right after I call for the refund :) )

Hey brewser your beer is on the way. I shipped with member poursomemore. I sent the knee deep and he sent the track 7. Enjoy and sorry it took so long!!

Oh and who wants to do a baseball league? There was some interest at the beginning of football so we should start forming a league. I've only used yahoo for baseball, anyone have any other preferences?

For yahoo leagues scoring was ten categories. Five for your batters (hit, rbi, hr, score, and sb). Five for your pitchers (k, era, whip, saves, and wins). You play head to head like football, just for a week instead of most games Sunday. It's defiantly more involved because more games, more often, but just like football it's pretty easy and fun to play.

I sent a barrel aged Narwal. Looking forward to getting it started again!

Ba narwhal and ba Bigfoot are a couple of my favorites. Glad to hear you're in again! I'll get the league created in a couple weeks, probably draft the weekend before week 1. Good luck!

I'd be in again. I'm really sorry I didn't send off my buy in last year. Losing my job and trying to start a business I've just been a space cadet. I'll send it off soon but would still like to come back in.

I'd be in again too. I was in a similar situation as punity, just before the end of the season I was sent out of the country (malaysia) for work for almost 3 months. I did send a message to the winner asking what style of beer he would like but never got a response.

I plan on doing it again. I'll set up the league when I get a chance and I'll send invites to those that have sent beer first. If you haven't sent your beer from last year....kind of tricky situation until we hear back from brewser, the winner. I'll try to send him another pm and see if he is still around.

I renewed the league. I sent brewser another pm, but no response....so anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears.

I think it should be the winners responsibility to send out his info, and make sure that he gets his winnings. It's not fair to those of us that sent beer, but I'm not sure how to make a fair solution. Maybe if you didn't send last years beer you should double up this year?

What Im going to do is keep the teams that sent and want to play again in the league, and I'll remove the teams that have gone dark in order to make room for more members that want to play.

It is an honor system we have to use, so thank you to everyone who does send off their loser beers! I think this is a fun game and an awesome way for home brewers to try win beer they otherwise wouldn't get an opportunity to try. Thanks again for making this work! Good luck this season!

Ok I removed a few of the guys that haven't responded in awhile so we could get the league setup. There was two guys that wanted in (peacedog and baseballsmitty) so they have invites. We have one more open spot. If someone trolling wants in let me know. If your team is still in and don't want to play, let me know. I set the draft day as sept 4th at 10am pacific, which should be 1pm for east coasters like football games. That's the last Sunday before start of the season starts, but it's also Labor Day weekend so let me know if we need to change.

I'll be out of internet range for Labor Day weekend, so won't make the draft. Would obviously prefer moving it if possible, but if everyone else can make it then I'll just live with the auto draft.

If you keep the draft on 9/4, it would be better for me if it were an hour or more later due to soccer tournaments. I can also probably swing other dates and times if it's better for everyone else. If not the wife will have to drive home while I'm drafting and if that's the case I will put a couple beers in the kids cooler can't draft without beer.

Just throwing my 2 cents in. Monday 9/5 is a holiday so I assume most (maybe not all) are off. My other league is drafting that night. How about same time on Monday instead? If not I'll make Sunday work.

Also I like the doubling up if you didn't pay up last year idea.

Looking forward to a winning season this year!

Well if it works better for everyone we can push it up to this weekend. I was worried about Labor Day weekend, but thought it was best after this weekend if any early round draft picks get injured last week of preseason like last year. Post when you can so everyone has time to plan.

We still have an opening to fill if any one is interested.

I'm good for this Sunday mid-afternoon. Did you fill the last spot, if not is the plan to have one less team if we draft this weekend?

If not the wife will have to drive home while I'm drafting and if that's the case I will put a couple beers in the kids cooler can't draft without beer.

I love this. My wife and kids know the drill too.

Ok so I'll push the draft up one week to this Sunday the 28th. Same time. That seems to work somewhat better for the majority.

We should fill the league before the draft so that member can pick their own team if they want. If someone finds this thread that would be great. If not, I can start a new post to try to attract someone like last year. I figured I would just wait until the draft date was set before I asked.

Have the league invites been sent out?

Invites only if you didn't play last year. You should be able to log into you team from last year and your profile and league info should be set from last year. Let me know if you need any help.

Back