The "I can get this for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstAidBrewing

Reaction score
So in light of all the ISO and FT threads, I'm wondering if there is any interest is starting a thread where we all list the breweries near us (ones that others would be interested in) just so we can all easily check for someone that lives close to a brewery with a desired beer. That way it makes it a bit easier to get in touch with someone who has easy access to something that another person wants.

Thoughts?

For example, I can easily and readily get my hands on beers from Victory, Tired Hands and Sly Fox. Troegs is doable but not as often.

What can you provide to your felow HBT users?

Deschutes, No Li, Paradise Creek, Daft Badger, Selkirk Abbey, Big Sky, Fish, Republic Brewing co, Iron Horse, Atomic Ale

I think the only beer I can get that many people are interested in is Wicked Weed.

Other nearby breweries: Foothills, Natty Greene's, Highlands, Red Oak, and any other Asheville brewery as well.

Prairie (probably the only OK brewery most people here have heard of), Dead Armadillo, and Marshall all in my town. Also COOP and Roughtail are short drives away.

Four Hands, some Perennial, some Side Project. Schlafly is distributed wide but they're local too. Really any St. Louis brewery.

Hey @FirstAidBrewing, I'm interested in some Tired Hands.

I can get Crooked Stave, Avery, Funkwerks, Former Future/Black Project, Station 26, Comrade, Call to Arms, River North, AC Golden, Ratio, and Trve.

Edited to reflect local breweries only.

I think the only beer I can get that many people are interested in is Wicked Weed.

Other nearby breweries: Foothills, Natty Greene's, Highlands, Red Oak, and any other Asheville brewery as well.

If people only knew how good Red Oak is, they'd be looking for it. Especially the Battlefield Bock... I keep waiting for them to bottle that! Luckily I am close enough that local bars get kegs of it.

:)

Still not sure how this is supposed to work, but here's what I can get. Brother's Brewing, DC Brau, Adroit Theory, Hardywood, Licking Hole Creek, Troegs, O'Connor, and most other VA or MD beers. Also, Cigar City just started distributing a few beers up my way.

Curious too.

Olde Hickory, Wicked Weed, Double Barley, Haw River, Hi-Wire, White Rabbit, Lynnwood Brewing, Fullsteam, Westbrook.

I intended it to be a trade, but if you want to do PayPal then, go nuts. My thought was just that this would be an easy thread to find something rather than waiting for someone to post a FT or ISO.

Hey @FirstAidBrewing, I'm interested in some Tired Hands.

I can get Crooked Stave, Avery, Funkwerks, Almanac, Anchorage, and Trve. Pipeworks and la cumbre also just started distributing here.

Let me see what they have in bottles/cans and I will PM you with options.

Local PA, Philly area and other surrounding states (NJ, NY etc), things that I can get often: Tired Hands, Round Guys, Troegs, Dogfish Head, Evolution, Ommegang, Fegleys, Prism, Brooklyn BC, Neshaminy Creek, Victory, Weyerbacher, Conshohocken BC, Yards, Lancaster Brewing, Full Pint, Free Will, Sly Fox, Stoudts, Boaks, Flying Fish, Evil Genius, DuClaw, Sixpoint, Manayunk Brewing, Captain Lawrence, Ithaca, Flying Dog, Stillwater Artisanal, Speakeasy, Evil Twin....

If people only knew how good Red Oak is, they'd be looking for it. Especially the Battlefield Bock... I keep waiting for them to bottle that! Luckily I am close enough that local bars get kegs of it.

:)

Agreed, I have a ton of respect for a brewery that knows who they are and chooses quality over following every single trend that comes around. I have a soft spot for their Hummin'bird Helles. That is just a great brew.

My intention also was to post about the breweries that you live near, not what you can get at the local store, so that people know you have access to limited releases or hard to get stuff from a local brewery.

If that's part of your intentions then you should add to your list Appalachian Brewing, Free Will, Ill Brew Co in Quackertown, Funk brewing in Emmaus? and your closest one --- Stable 12 :)

Stable 12 is nothing special. Decent dunkelweiss and not bad west coast IPA, but not much else thats off the charts. And they also don't can/bottle AFAIK

Curious too.

Olde Hickory, Wicked Weed, Double Barley, Haw River, Hi-Wire, White Rabbit, Lynnwood Brewing, Fullsteam, Westbrook.

I have a Perennial Sump coffee stout and/or a Side Project Noir de Fermier to trade for some French Toast if you are interested.

I have a Perennial Sump coffee stout and/or a Side Project Noir de Fermier to trade for some French Toast if you are interested.

No French Toast. It was brewery only and my guy didn't get any therefore neither did I.

Hey Blizzard, just got today fresh HopHands and Alien Church, not sure if First Aid got you any Tired Hands beers recently, let me know what you have for trade (send me a PM)

Hey Blizzard, just got today fresh HopHands and Alien Church, not sure if First Aid got you any Tired Hands beers recently, let me know what you have for trade (send me a PM)

Haven't made it to TH. I'm sure @blizzard will still be interested

Hey First Aid, this March 13th the blue dog in Chalfont (~29-30 min from Phoenixville) will have Pliny the Younger and a lot of other world class/decent beers on tap, they open at 11 AM (must be there at about 8-9AM as the line gets huge), just in case you are interested, I can post more details as I get more info

image.jpg

O'Connor, Reaver Beach (great special release sours), Alewerks, Smart Mouth and any other Eastern Virginia Brewery. Additionally, I make trips out to Richmond so Hardywood, The Answer, Strangeways and the like on occasion.

Back