The Big "E" retires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmendez29

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/uss-enterprise-carrier-taken-active-211422506.html

The world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier. The place I called home for about six and a half years. I find myself oddly depressed and don't understand why. While I was in, I effing hated it and couldn't wait to get out. As I've matured, I realized what my time has bought for me and that it was a great investment into my future. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't spent my time in the military, or on board the E.

The article talks about the September 11 attacks and how she was turned around from heading home. Those were some of my last days on the 'Prise. The last of my three deployments. As much as I hated her over ten years ago, she will always hold a place in my heart and she will be sadly missed.

I hear ya man. I was on "THE" Arleigh Burke (we called it the 'Mighty-Mighty'). I'll never forget it. And, for all the **** I dealt with in Afghanistan, as much as it drove me ****ing crazy......I think about it almost every day.

Back