The Afternoon Drunkard's Penalty Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
:drunk:

So I work the Graveyard shift were my Days are nights (just switch the am with PM and you'll understand my schedule). So its not uncommon to see me brewing at 2am and having dinner ready for SWMBO and the kids by 7am. SWMBO understands this strange arrangement she has contracted in, and we live a happy life.

``````````````````````
But then there is the issue of becoming drunk at night, which sometimes is 8am for me, but 8pm for you............ or maybe 12pm.......... maybe you're not even on the night shift and just threw some back in the afternoon.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if you find yourself a drunkard way to early..... this is the place for you. Save yourself the shame of drunk posting on the regular forums, and post here.

:tank:

If you are ranting about someone's post, please post the post-link here too so we can better understand

I do understand for years I worked 6:00pm to 6:00am six days a week in the steel mills

we had bars outside the gates that we would be in at 6:05am drinking boiler makers

people see you walking out of a bar at 8:00am and think you got to be a hardcore drunk

all the best

S_M

I worked 7p to 7a for about a year. No one else I knew outside of work had that schedule. I was just getting started at 10 o'clock and my friends wanted to go to bed. Lots of long weird nights alone with nothing to do. Glad that ended.

I used to get lit 7-8 in the morning, but it had nothing to do with work. it was kinda tradition with me & some friends. we called it Sunday Morning Breakfast. I was always ready to crash early and get up early for work on Monday feeling no hangover.

I have worked graveyards. I would get strange looks at the grocery store at 6 am buying Steaks to grill and baked potatoes and beer at 6am.

Finally i had to tell the checker. Hey look i work all night, so for you it is 6am but for me its 6pm. So when i am bbqing steaks and getting my drink on at 8am i just feel like a rebel.

I used to work 9pm to 9 am at a grocery store. So awesome to be the first one to ransack the steaks just going into the meat case and getting the broken 12 twelve packs the rep was supposed to take back.

Worked 9p-6a for a little over 2 years now. As some posts on here will show, ive had one or two here and there at 6:30a even brewed and drank all morning more than once and never so much as a second glance from anyone yet.doesnt mean I didn't feel a little weird about it att first but hey. Move on past it fella and drink what ya want when ya want and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

I work 00:00 - 08:00, so I understand the whole drinking before noon thing. I get some odd looks when I'm outside grillin' & chillin' at 09:00, beer in 1 hand, BBQ tongs in the other. Or just buying beer/booze before noon. I used to explain my schedule to the cashier, but these days I don't care, let 'em think what they want. This is America & I'm an adult, I can drink & BBQ when I want & except for those archaic blue laws, I can buy booze when I want.
Regards, GF.

There is a disappointing lack of druck posting in here. C'mon, I want to see what you people are really like. When did this become the "I used to work the night shift..." thread? :p

Latest posts

Back