Thc Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoviceBrewer420

Chef, Baker, Apprentice Brewer/ Rookie Homebrewer
Reaction score
Has anyone ever brewed a thc beer? I just recently did and cant wait to try it out! Its just a 1 1/2 gal second pull batch with 4 grams of pure kief. Should be about 3% abv not sure the mg per 12 oz but yeah should be good

I haven't yet but I'm planning to this summer. I was thinking of doing a west coast amber ale and adding 7 grams of bud. I planned on decarboxilation from a sous vide to retain the aroma. Then I plan on adding it directly to the keg. I'm curious to see how yours turns out! Any tips you can give now that you have experienced it?

I haven't yet but I'm planning to this summer. I was thinking of doing a west coast amber ale and adding 7 grams of bud. I planned on decarboxilation from a sous vide to retain the aroma. Then I plan on adding it directly to the keg. I'm curious to see how yours turns out! Any tips you can give now that you have experienced it?
I'm still trying to figure this out. I'll be trying it in a few weeks. If you search the thread i think you'll find more info than I could give at this point. Cheers and best of luck

20200608_180419_HDR.jpg
Update on the Thc Brew! 3 weeks bottle conditioned and glorious. Very citrusy, piney and slightly peppery. No traces of weed taste. I mixed the 1.5 gallons of the Thc Brew with 1.5 gallons of 5.5% abv IPA before bottling not sure on how much thc im getting but its delicious. Cheers

Also as the glass warms I'm getting a slight floral taste/ smell. Almost herbaceous reminds me of rosemary or thyme

There has been a few threads about this, and if you add your THC containing matter to the beer, you aren't going to get much THC in the final drink.

The easiest, cheapest and fasted way to do it is by making a tincture, the higher the ABV the better.

THC and most cannaboids aren't water soluble, and they need either lipids (which you don't want in your beer) or high abv to be brought over and activated for consumption.

Depending on where you live, I would find either everclear or other overproof alcohol and soak some greens in it for 3-6 weeks (look up Green Dragon recipies) .

Then add this tincture either to bottling bucket, secondary or the individual bottles.

Best of luck if you try again, and be ready for being hit by a freight train.

Yeah, what he said... ^^^ Tincture is the accepted method. Have done that many times and it works great. However, I have an idea that I am about to try....

I made some Canna Caramels recently. The coconut oil in the caramel recipe is the THC bond. (coco oil, sugar, condensed sweetened milk are the only 3 ingredients in caramels). I was thinking of using the caramels as the sugar to ferment some apple cider (could also do wort/beer). Lots of questions pop up. I am kind of new to home brewing so I could be way off base. I plan to take a handful of caramels and add them to some apple juice and toss some yeast.

Will the fermentation process help emulsify the oil in the caramels? Is the oil just going to separate and float to the top? Will the yeast use the sugar in the caramels or reject it? The THC has been properly decarboxylated for the caramels and they work fine. Will it enjoy the fermentation process or reject it?

Back