That StarSan Smell...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, corrected.

Also OP thought he found the cause. Perhaps it would be more useful to check that if your star San smells instead of posting something insulting about someone who hasn't experienced the issue.

Do you think his bottle of StarSan is infected?:D

Yep, corrected.

Also OP thought he found the cause. Perhaps it would be more useful to check that if your star San smells instead of posting something insulting about someone who hasn't experienced the issue.

jfc I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I was critical of the action, not defaming the guy's character. If you were to regard my critique as useful, it wouldn't be "insulting"--but you and some others don't think it was useful and 'tis already duly noted. Cheers

So obviously your a good brewer and have been on HBT for five years. So you see this thread and google star san smell and then begin insulting everyone! lol!

2019 bump.

Haven't brewed in a while. Put a couple gallons of tap waters and some StarSan into a bucket. Put my mini submersible pump that came with my keg washer in the bucket to recirculate sanitizer through my plate chiller. No smell at first, but left it run while I went to run some errands. Came back and a funky smell is coming out of it.

Googled Starsan Smell and found this thread :D:D:D

Like I stated back in 2016, I have had Starsan in a 5 gallon water bottle for years. In spray bottles. Had a cracked cap, Rhode Island and Florida water. Never anything offensive or even noticeable in 7 3/4 years!

Back