That nice yellow color!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenoglass

Not only do I brew but I play ukulele!
Reaction score
So I made a NE IPA. I used some wheat, pale malt and some flaked oats, wheat and barley. It always seems to me that I can never get that nice looking oj color....would racking some fresh oj or pureed mangoes help it out?? Thanks. Dont get me wrong the beers always seem to be cloudy as hell but just not the bright yellow I would like to get. Also thinking next time adding some flaked corn for color improvment .

If I got a NEIPA that had an orange juice color, I don’t think I would even want to drink it.

Seriously. With the haziness of this style, hitting any color target had to be very difficult.

Not that t can’t be done. But difficult I would imagine.

How much hops are you using? Off the top of my head I am guessing you need at least 12oz in 5g for what you want.

How much hops are you using? Off the top of my head I am guessing you need at least 12oz in 5g for what you want.

I already have 5 oz in it. I plan on dryhopping with another 4 then at kegging another 4. I am also using the bootleg biology NEIPA Blend. It says use less hops and get the same character but I'm still hopping the hell out of it .

Latest posts

Back