<------That guy.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpenContainer

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Steve from Missouri here. Thought I'd pop into the intro forum for my second post. First post was on the Apfelwein thread of course. LOL

Anyhow.....my homebrew experience thus far includes 2 different gallons of a 30 day mead made with bread yeast that I found on another forum and a 3 gallon batch of tart cherry (pie cherries) wine picked fresh from the tree that I ended up pouring down the drain. It scared me because I did my primary fermentation with the pits in the bucket and I heard that cherry pits contained trace amounts of cyanide. I didn't want to poison myself or anyone else so I took the safe way out of that batch. It probably would of been fine since none of the pits were cracked, but it was a newb thing.

I've been a member/lurker of a couple different homebrew sites and have done a lot of reading.......it's been a while though, so I may still have a few questions. OG, FG, SG, IG......I know they all have to do with gravity at certain points, but I'll be damned if I can remember which. I do know to take a gravity when starting and when time to bottle though. :)

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all. Nukinfuts29 invited me.

Cheers!!

...I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all. Nukinfuts29 invited me.
Cheers!!

Uh...breaking out my hammer...

banhammer_BM.jpg

Kidding. Welcome aboard. :mug:

Dennis the Menace had the same problem.......... the button ya know ..just one little PUSH. Welcome aboard! I had an IG in the army a longgg time ago, but not one lately. Cheers:D

Latest posts

Back