Thanksgiving beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerGuy

Reaction score
OK I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and I need to get a nice rounded beer. I did not have time to make any since this was sprung on my family last minute.

Any thoughts on a good beer for T-giving? I was thinking about a farmhouse/saison style.

I know that beer pairing is related to food and most of the times it is for one type of food not a whole meal. We are having the traditional T-giving fare as well as a ham and others.

The saison should work well with the turkey. A well balanced ESB would work if not too dark. i like nut brown ale with pecan & pumpkin pie.

Anything malty will go with with a lot of the T-day food. IPAs will pair well with some of it too.

Really, ANYTHING will work fine. It mostly depends on the person's tastes and mood at that time.

I am picky about my Saison, so I would hesitate to buy only that. I'd pick up some mix-6's and make sure it's all stuff you like. That way you get to drink the leftovers!

Back