Thanks - Happy Anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stosh

Reaction score
One year ago today I brewed my first batch of beer. It was a Chinook IPA extract kit from Northern Brewer. Man was I thrilled when my airlock started bubbling!

I was first interested in brewing beer about 28 years ago. Back then we were still using the Dewey decimal system and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet (please note the sarcasm). I read all I could about brewing beer and realized one of the most important parts to brewing was sanitation. At that time I was a power equipment mechanic and heavily involved in racing. I figured since I was always dirty that sanitation would be just about impossible so I decided not to give brewing a go.

Fast forward to this time last year and here I am buying bulk grain, milling my own, making yeast starters, bottling, kegging, and loving it.

So I want to thank each and everyone of you here on HBT. This has been my go to forum. I've learned a lot and look forward to learning so much more on my path to making the next batch just a little bit better.

I'm going to ask that you all apply the Golden Rule today, one that has kept me sane, and RDWHAHB.
Thanks again to everybody :mug:

If Al Gore hadn't invented the internet, your brewing learning curve would have been much more inconvenient.:cask:

Ba dum TSSSS. Got that one. I too hit up HBT every time I have a question, concern, wanna-shout-to-the-world about the beer I just made. Love this place.

One year ago today I brewed my first batch of beer. It was a Chinook IPA extract kit from Northern Brewer. Man was I thrilled when my airlock started bubbling!

I was first interested in brewing beer about 28 years ago. Back then we were still using the Dewey decimal system and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet (please note the sarcasm). I read all I could about brewing beer and realized one of the most important parts to brewing was sanitation. At that time I was a power equipment mechanic and heavily involved in racing. I figured since I was always dirty that sanitation would be just about impossible so I decided not to give brewing a go.

Fast forward to this time last year and here I am buying bulk grain, milling my own, making yeast starters, bottling, kegging, and loving it.

So I want to thank each and everyone of you here on HBT. This has been my go to forum. I've learned a lot and look forward to learning so much more on my path to making the next batch just a little bit better.

I'm going to ask that you all apply the Golden Rule today, one that has kept me sane, and RDWHAHB.
Thanks again to everybody :mug:

+1 to that. I also started a year ago, but not as advance as you ( due to moving) I am looking into kegging, and I still need to get a mill. This is a great place, with great people

Back