Thanks for the welcome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liaisonlarry

Reaction score
Hello all!

my name is Mark; and last year I started a new hobby, brewing hard apple cider. I’ve brewed several small, 1 gallon batches now, and I have my first 5 gallon batch in work now. I have a boilerplate recipe now that I enjoy tremendously!

Last weekend I started 2 experimental 1 gallon batches. The first gallon has an added cup of brown sugar, in an attempt to boost my alcohol content. The second is my standard brew, but with several sticks of roasted oak in the brew for added flavor! I cut the oak from a tree on my property, and roasted it at 400F for 3 hours. My whole house smelled like vanilla!

I look forward to hearing everyone’s feedback and tips. I’ll let you know how everything turns out.

Welcome to the forum Mark, sounds like the bug to brew has bit you. Have fun! Many people here are more than willing to give advice and share opinions, some even know what they are talking about. :). Make that many know what they are talking about.

Welcome! and as mentioned above, i don't know what i'm talking about...but 400f for 3 hours sounds like charcoal! best of luck with your brew! :mug:

Latest posts

Back