Thank you all!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tates

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to brewing, only a couple months, but I wanted to thank everyone across this entire forum for all of the excellent information they have provided. I ordered a 7.5 gallon Mash & Brew three months ago with absolutely no idea how to brew beer. I figured, "How hard could it be?" Turns out, it was extremely hard.

Yesterday afternoon, I kegged my second batch, and it is beyond perfection. Its an all-grain Northern Brown Ale, and I've included pictures. The taste, clarity, ABV, attenuation, and seemingly every other thing is perfect, and it wouldn't have been possible without the million questions the users of this forum (and others) asked and answered long before I started.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've all helped me to find something that I think is going to be a lifelong passion of mine; I will always be grateful to the generosity of this community, and I cannot wait to pay it forward.

-Tates

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

three months ago with absolutely no idea how to brew beer.
Yesterday afternoon, I kegged my second batch, and it is beyond perfection.

you're a brewer after my heart! if you've ever watched ST: TNG, and remember the episode "Frame of Mind"

"Don't let them tell you you're crazy!" :mug:

Congrats! The beer looks great.

P.S. It would be a good idea to get the tube all the way into the bottom of your keg (if you have the bottling tip on there, it should not be needed). Once a beer is fermented you want to avoid excess exposure to oxygen. There are some advanced methods to avoid oxidation, but gentle transfers with limited splashing is one easy first step.

Congrats! The beer looks great.

P.S. It would be a good idea to get the tube all the way into the bottom of your keg (if you have the bottling tip on there, it should not be needed). Once a beer is fermented you want to avoid excess exposure to oxygen. There are some advanced methods to avoid oxidation, but gentle transfers with limited splashing is one easy first step.

Good tip! Thank you, I didn't even think of that!

There is no more satisfying beverage than a good cold brew you made from scratch. Makes my lips numb just thinking about it. Congrats!

Good tip! Thank you, I didn't even think of that!
Or put a liquid ball lock connector on the end of your hose and use the dip tube to flow the beer into the keg. If you add a spunding valve on the gas connector and figure out a way to pressurize your carboy with CO2, you can do a closed transfer to a purged keg.

Back