Temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFigz

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am having a hard time dialing in my temperatures for my E-Keggle and E-Herms setup that I've built. I have an Auber EZBoil controller for my BK/HLT and I have an old Inkbird PID that I use for monitoring Mash Temp. Here's the problem.
  • In Ice water the Auber reads 32 and the Inkbird reads 29. I adjusted the sensor to read 32 in ice water
  • At a full boil, the Auber reads 209/210 and the inkbird reads 208/209 (after being adjusted for the ice water)
I've been brewing some Russian River Blind Pig and Pliny clones, and the beers I've been brewing have lacked the crispness that the originals have. I think part of the problem might be my mash is a little on the hot side but I'm not sure how high. Personally 4 degrees spread over the temperature range of freezing to boiling seems extremely negligible and I'm sure I could just back off the temp a few degrees but I was hoping to get some advice from people more experienced then I am.

Thanks!
Mike

Back