Temperature tolerance of auto siphon...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Frog

Reaction score
I want to use the autosiphon w/ hot wort/liquids.
Does anyone know its temp. rating? Can it be used with 90 C. liquid temps?
Can they be boiled?

It's interesting that you ask because in the last day or two I just came up with the idea of using one to suck the trub cone out of my kettle after whirlpooling (instead of trying to suck the wort out and leave the trub behind). Maybe not a good idea, at least until it's chilled.

yes, not until it's chilled.

That do it your self siphon is very cool, and can be used with a stainless racking cane. or with silicone hoses, which will not be effected by your boiling wort. just use a stainess tee instead of a plastic tee.

As I expected, not heat stable enough!
I had been wanting a stainless version to test out a new idea i had, and so the kickstarter was happy info... but sadly not yet to be had.

Still, nice to see one comming to to the market, but a design that one could make one's self would really be nicer.

I'll check out the diy pages (again) just in case there are auto-siphons described now.

Back