Temperature Controller with a brew belt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fenners

Reaction score
Normally here in Texas, it's the heat we need to worry about, but not recently with all these polar fronts. To keep my fermentation going, I need to use a brew belt occasionally to keep the temperature up.

I have an analogue Johnson temperature controller with the large metal probe that I normally use with my fermentation fridge.

If I want to regulate the temperature of my brewbelt with this, where is the best place to put the probe? And dumb question - is is the very tip of the probe that's the temp reading part, or the more bulky probe?

Last edited by a moderator:
The best place would be to install a thermowell in your fermenter and thread the probe inside of it, so that the probe is resting inside the wort as it ferments. Or, you could do like I do and just duct tape the probe to the outside of the fermenter about halfway down. Pretty easy.

Back