Temperature Controller Offsets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbous_blues

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if someone could advise me on setting on my newly purchased dual temperature controller. This is the first time setting up any type of temp controller for me. I purchased the Auberins TD100A (in case anyone is using this exact model) and it states in the manual I change the temperature offsets.

Say I am brewing an ale and want to keep a constant temp of 63F at what temps should I set the heating mat and freezer to kick in at.

:mug: thanks

Interesting, that unit has separate differential settings for the cool and heat stages, as well as separate set points.

For a target temperature of 63°F, I would set both cooling and heating Set Points to the same 63°F, then set the cooling differential to 2 degrees (the default is 3) and set the heating differential to 2 degrees (the default is 1).

That would give you a deadband of +/-2 degrees centered at 63°F, which should be tight enough without causing the heater to play ping-pong with the compressor.

I'd also set the "Cooling Antishort" to something greater than 5 minutes to provide some protection for your compressor. It would be imprudent to run with the default setting of 0 minutes...

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. Now I,m ready for brew day tomorrow! I did find it a little confusing that the cool and heat set points could be set differently but now it makes sense. I'm gonna try with the setting you suggested with out any fermenting beer in there and see how to plays along.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back