Teensynet controller with propane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purdman10

Reaction score
I recognized some of you who have been following the same threads including the teensynet and teensypi threads that I have over the last few years, so I feel very much at home. With that said, I need some advice. As I am a bacteriologist and not an engineer, it has taken me three years to save up and to put together a teensnet-based gas system steel strut system until I realized that I had no idea how to mesh the two together. There is not a lot of info for open source controllers for gas fired systems as for PIDS. Before I put it in my NEMA cabinet, based on the Electric Brewery, I have most of it mocked up, less the pumps and gas valves. Right now, I have I have two action boards wired in parallel so that (I think) I can turn the pumps and HLT and MLT burners on and off, the ds18b20 sensors providing the signals for the pumps and gas valves. I will be using a 24v transformer connected to two SSRs to power two Honeywell VR8300A3500s, which are wired from the three position terminal for the 3v3, ground and sensor data line to the other action board containing the pump switches and temp sensors. Am I on the right track? Has anyone used this DIY system? I am also toying with the idea of ditching the whole thing and either going with Doug Eddy's Elsinore Server (which also uses electric elements putting me in the same situation) or just using PIDS, depending on the valuable advice I get here. Time to brew not build!

Latest posts

Back