Tea question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndlessPurple

Reaction score
I typed in tea into the search and it came back with no matches, so I figured I would start another thread.

I have a 3 gal batch of traditional mead that I would like to add some tea to. I have seen threads on here before about it but I do not remember how much most usually add and if it is just the steeped tea or the leaves as well.

I have a black darjeeling tea I would like to add along with sweet cherries in the secondary. Any advice on how much tea would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can either dry hop the tea (adding in secondary), or brew it and add in at the beginning. Or both.

I would maybe start at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon (I like to add a vanilla black tea to many of my meads)--and remember you can always add more tea if it isn't prominent enough, but it's hard to take the flavours back out. And add it into the secondary in a large teabag type thing, so that it's easier to remove when it's time.

Latest posts

Back