TC Oxygen Stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPtuary

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What are people using for TC fittings to oxygenate their wort, whether its inline or a fitting attached to a valve to get O2 into the wort. Just got my new CF10 yesterday and want to get something put together before next weekends brew. Cheers!

I purchased the Spike TC stone, and used it for several batches until I noticed that the tiny bubbles collect in the housing and tend to combine into large bubbles before entering the conical. This might not be a big deal, my beer fermented just fine. But it doesn't seem optimal. One of the stones with a long post that puts the stone fully into the conical might work better, but it wouIdn't work with a valve like the Spike one can.

So now it sits on the shelf, and I use a stone on the end of a long wand through a top port to reach near the bottom of my conical.

I've thought about inline oxygenating, or getting an adapter to put the Spike stone on the dump port, but the wand works fine for now.

Latest posts

Back