Taste and Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indygunworks

Reaction score
I have a almost two month old batch of dandelion wine that is about done cold crashing right now... Its really really clear. The problem is when I sample it I get some pretty aggressive alcholol notes and hardly any of that "liquid sunshine" flavor coming through at all. Is this something I should expect to get better with age (normal for wine?) or should I hang onto this batch to use for topping off?

I should be around 10 percent and it fermented down to .990

2 months is still very young for a wine, although I haven't personally made dandelion wine, most wine will improve with age, they tend to lose that "bite". I age my white wines on average at least 6-8 months, while my reds age 1.5 - 2 yrs, but this is just an average it really depends on the wine.

ok.... I think I am going to bottle and be done with it then, worst case if it still has that bite in a while is using it for topping off. We both really like it even dry if it were to not have that bite, so it sounds like that's an aging problem which I can handle.

Back