Tart Cherry Concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meridianomrebel

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Tart Cherry Concentrate. I am making the following recipe:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=460657

On Tuesday I made my sour mash, and brewed on Saturday. Instead of purchasing a ton of cherries or buying puree, I went with the following:

http://www.homebrewing.org/Tart-Cherry-Concentrate-16-oz-Bottle_p_5025.html

I purchased two bottles of the concentrate. Should I look at using both bottles when I moved to secondary, or stick to just one bottle? I've never used cherry concentrate, so I don't know if two bottles would just be too much.

I haven't used that brand but I used this one with success. I used 30oz of it in a cherry sour and it has an incredible color and very strong cherry character even 18 months after adding it.
16c71f02903ea7107a3054057dd420bb.500

Thanks guys. I'll go with one 16oz bottle, taste it after a couple days and just go from there. :)

I like kettle sours and enjoy experimenting with flavor additions. My next project (in the fermenter now) is going to be a margarita Gose with a tincture of fresh lime zest in tequila. I saw some folks discussing this on HBT and sounds good.

This cherry sounds good too, I think I'll try one next. The cherry concentrate will be really simple to add at kegging, but can you tell its concentrate? How about fresh (frozen) cherries in muslin bags dry hopped in the keg for easy removal? How much cherries would you use?

I like kettle sours and enjoy experimenting with flavor additions. My next project (in the fermenter now) is going to be a margarita Gose with a tincture of fresh lime zest in tequila. I saw some folks discussing this on HBT and sounds good.

This cherry sounds good too, I think I'll try one next. The cherry concentrate will be really simple to add at kegging, but can you tell its concentrate? How about fresh (frozen) cherries in muslin bags dry hopped in the keg for easy removal? How much cherries would you use?

You've gotta post that recipe - that sounds awesome! This is the first time I've added concentrate. If have to look up how many pounds of cherries, but it was a bit more than the wife would allow me to spend on a batch. Hahaha this was also the first time I've done a sour mash like that - I can't wait to try it out.

Back