Tapping sink water line for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about tapping into my sinks supply line to add a dedicated line for running water thru my filter and also for my plate chiller. I am thinking something like this? Anyone done something similar?

So I guess if I go with that I could run a standard 3/8 in OD water supply line off there and would need an adapter to connect to the 1/2" FPT ball valve? Or should I try and connect a barb to that and run tubing to a barb connector on the ball valve?

I am thinking about tapping into my sinks supply line to add a dedicated line for running water thru my filter and also for my plate chiller. I am thinking something like this? Anyone done something similar?

hate to rain on parade, but this is a single valve with two outlets. that means its either on/on or off/off. it wont work with one outlet on(sink) and the other outlet off(brew).

assuming i understood your plan correctly....

Woohoo! Got it done, plumbed!

20151107_142111_resized.jpg

20151107_142107_resized.jpg

20151107_142102_resized.jpg

20151107_142058_resized.jpg

Back